All reviews john dillinger phone booth historic hotel restaurants and bars downtown el paso location is great transom stephanie lobby border lodging elevator furnishings laundry
Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

I would say that this is a boutique hotel with a touch of history. One of the famous American villain was there, John Dillinger. And Mr. Edgar Hoover himself chased himself down to this hotel.

The hotel was next to a bar and pizza restaurant. It's close to the airport. The room and bathroom was superbly clean.

And the best is the hospitality of the staff. James, Ross, and Stephanie. They will treat you like friends with genuine hospitality. I miss them already...I will come back there if I comeback to El Paso.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Listing M, Public Relations Manager at Gardner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Thank you so much for your review, you're welcome back any time! We're so happy that you enjoyed our history, downtown location and felt welcome by the team. There's always a place for you to stay in El Paso!

Best Wishes
Gardner Team (especially Stephanie, Ross and James!)

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

The Gardner hotel was super cute, nice, and budget friendly!

I wanted to stay downtown and preferred a place that's locally owned, which is exactly the Gardner Hotel!

The whole staff was super friendly and had a nice list of restaurants and bars to try, as well as discounts for the places right next to the hotel.

The room was super comfy and cute, with historically inspired furnishings (stayed in one of the renovated rooms).

Coming from Austin, the price was great and as first time visitors to El Paso, we felt quite welcome! Would stay there again if my travels take me to El Paso again!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Listing M, Public Relations Manager at Gardner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we're glad you had a great stay at our historic hotel. Happy that you found our staff friendly and helpful and enjoyed the discounts. We pride ourselves on being a family run hotel with a lot of history and character - happy that you felt that was preserved in our establishment! Come and stay with us again if you're traveling to EP!

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

The hostel room is very clean and quite small. There is a large closet for storage and a shared bathroom with the room next door. There are no lockers in the rooms but I believe there are lockers in the basement. There is no AC in the rooms so it can get quite hot. Towels, soap and shampoo are provided.

The staff is friendly and helpful. There is a kitchen downstairs. Location is great, in downtown. There is a nightclub next door and it will keep you up late at night with the loud music.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Melina M

Thanks for your review of our hostel rooms in the Gardner Hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and happy that you found our staff friendly and helpful and the hostel clean. We do have some noisy neighbors but have earplugs at reception. Come and stay with us again if you're traveling to EP!

Reviewed August 10, 2017

I usually don't write negative reviews but this place is an exception: The VERY VERY LOUD music from the bar downstairs starts at 9pm and continues until 2am. I called the front desk to complain and they offered me ear plugs, I am not kidding. It was not just annoying because the heavy bass notes from the bar downstairs was reverberating through-ought my room. This motel does not have air conditioning. I was forced to close the windows at 9pm to keep some of the noise out. I wrapped a towel around me and cracked the door to let in a little air and the night watch person knocked on my door and told me I would have to close the door because "I was half naked" !!! I put my earbuds in and turned on my computer music but to no avail. At 2 am the music shut down and I finally closed my eyes at 3. I was exhausted for my drive back to Houston the next day.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank DominicanDj1

Thank you for your review and sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us due to the neighborhood noise. We can't change this unfortunately and as we have a central downtown location there is ambient noise from the lively bars and clubs nearby. Apologies that this affected your enjoyment of our historic hotel.

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

I'd rather stay here because it's convenient, waking distance from food and fun. Plus it's Historic. Make sure to ask for the drink and food specials next door with your room key and special tours. YOU MUST STAY HERE.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Henry-Flores

Thank you for your review and recommendations - we hope people enjoy our history, great location, and the discounts with our downtown neighbors and tours too!