All reviews john dillinger phone booth historic hotel restaurants and bars downtown el paso location is great transom stephanie lobby border lodging elevator furnishings laundry
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

The hostel room is very clean and quite small. There is a large closet for storage and a shared bathroom with the room next door. There are no lockers in the rooms but I believe there are lockers in the basement. There is no AC in the rooms so it can get quite hot. Towels, soap and shampoo are provided.

The staff is friendly and helpful. There is a kitchen downstairs. Location is great, in downtown. There is a nightclub next door and it will keep you up late at night with the loud music.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Melina M
Listing M, Public Relations Manager at Gardner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Thanks for your review of our hostel rooms in the Gardner Hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and happy that you found our staff friendly and helpful and the hostel clean. We do have some noisy neighbors but have earplugs at reception. Come and stay with us again if you're traveling to EP!

Reviewed August 10, 2017

I usually don't write negative reviews but this place is an exception: The VERY VERY LOUD music from the bar downstairs starts at 9pm and continues until 2am. I called the front desk to complain and they offered me ear plugs, I am not kidding. It was not just annoying because the heavy bass notes from the bar downstairs was reverberating through-ought my room. This motel does not have air conditioning. I was forced to close the windows at 9pm to keep some of the noise out. I wrapped a towel around me and cracked the door to let in a little air and the night watch person knocked on my door and told me I would have to close the door because "I was half naked" !!! I put my earbuds in and turned on my computer music but to no avail. At 2 am the music shut down and I finally closed my eyes at 3. I was exhausted for my drive back to Houston the next day.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank DominicanDj1

Thank you for your review and sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us due to the neighborhood noise. We can't change this unfortunately and as we have a central downtown location there is ambient noise from the lively bars and clubs nearby. Apologies that this affected your enjoyment of our historic hotel.

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

I'd rather stay here because it's convenient, waking distance from food and fun. Plus it's Historic. Make sure to ask for the drink and food specials next door with your room key and special tours. YOU MUST STAY HERE.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Henry-Flores

Thank you for your review and recommendations - we hope people enjoy our history, great location, and the discounts with our downtown neighbors and tours too!

Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

Nice little hotel with clean rooms! I stayed here several years ago, and the rooms have all been remodeled and greatly improved since then! Management and staff were very kind and wonderful! Ifound it fantastic!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we're glad you had a great stay at our historic hotel. Happy that you found our staff friendly and enjoyed the updated look and feel. We pride ourselves on being a family run hotel with a lot of history and character - happy that you felt that was preserved in our establishment! Come and stay with us again if you're traveling to EP!

Reviewed June 11, 2017

Stayed a couple nights while seeing the sights of El Paso. I got the Dillinger room which was spacious and cool. I loved the lobby and character of the place. It was an easy walk to the arts center and to the baseball game.

I really enjoyed the walk towards Juarez, although I did not cross the border. Didn't feel I needed to as the area near the border had a real Mexico feel to it.

Parking worked out for me but I could see that might be an issue. Otherwise just a great, unusual, historic spot.

Room tip: go up a few floors
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Thanks for your review, we're glad you had a great stay at our historic hotel. We pride ourselves on being a family run hotel with a lot of history and character - happy that you felt that was preserved in our establishment! Come and stay with us again!