All reviews john dillinger phone booth historic hotel restaurants and bars downtown el paso location is great transom stephanie lobby border lodging elevator furnishings laundry
Reviewed February 19, 2017

Great position in downtown El Paso, a few minutes walking from everything and literally 1-minute driving to reach I-10 ramp.
Staff is outstanding, each and every one of them is very efficient and ready to help in every way possible.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Cgm85
Listing M, Public Relations Manager at Gardner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2017

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you so much for rating our staff as outstanding! We're really proud of being a family business and our friendly staff so thank you for noting that.

Kind Regards
Gardner Team

Reviewed January 24, 2017

I was here very briefly but definitely liked the place. It was well maintained, but has retained a lot of its historic aspects for a unique feel. My room had a functional transom window and a 1920s-era push button light switch, and the lobby has an old hex tile floor, a marble staircase and a phone booth. I stayed in a hostel room with bunk beds, but I was the only one there at the time. It was very clean, had an attached bathroom and the bed was comfortable. The only negative was that there were no lockers -- not a problem for me because I was only there 1 night and there was no one else in the room, but could be an issue for others staying in the hostel room. Otherwise, a nice place in a quirky historic building, and a great location right downtown. I'm female and was traveling alone and arrived at 2am (bus was delayed) ... having never been to El Paso I was worried the hotel would be in a creepy/unsafe area but it really seemed fine. It was well lit and it is in the central business district of the city.

Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank 7MileRiver
Listing M, Public Relations Manager at Gardner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2017

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, we're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel is famous for its history and the 1920's original features so that's great that you enjoyed that experience. Thanks for your feedback on the lockers in the hostel rooms - we'll look into getting some for our guests. We're glad you felt safe as a female traveler - we're a family business and like to look after our guests. We're in a very safe area centrally as you say, so we're pleased that you felt comfortable in the hotel and hostel.

Thanks again, come and visit us again!

The Garder Team

Reviewed January 15, 2017

The Gardner was everything I expected it to be: a little rough around the edges, but a fantastic historic hotel that seems to be working hard to become an elegant and enjoyable place to stay in El Paso. It's true that we could hear music too late and too loud through the walls, but the room was clean and well-furnished, and we were happy to endure a bit of next-door revelry for the opportunity to stay in a lovely building surrounded by interesting venues and good food. I will definitely give it another chance.

Room tip: I am not sure which rooms are quieter, but you may want to ask.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Felecia C

Dear Florycanta,

Thank you for your review! We pride ourselves on our historic hotel and we're happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Apologies for the music but unfortunately being downtown we have some lively neighbors. Next time you come visit ask us for the guest discounts at their bars! Look forward to seeing you again at the Garder Hotel

Reviewed December 22, 2016 via mobile

Carrie and Stephanie at the front desk were very friendly and accommodating! The rooms are very clean and smell great! I like the old fashioned feel of the place, takes you back in time. The shower was perfect, with hot water quick to come out. I recommend this place!

Derek

Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank Derek K

Dear Derek,

Thank you for your kind review - and for the positive feedback on our staff. We pride ourselves on our historic hotel and being a family run business and we're happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed December 11, 2016

I travel quite a bit and there is nothing better than staying at a place that helps you forget that you're away from home. The same old bland hotel/motel experience is no where to be found here. The staff and the decor really makes you feel like you're staying with a friend. I highly recommend this place to anyone who travels a bit and wants something with a lot more warmth and heart.

Room tip: The who girl cleaned my room, Carie, knows a lot about the hotel and the rooms; ask her any questions. She's a real good egg.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank bob2line

Dear Bob,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We're a family run business so love to make people feel welcome and at home when they're on the road, happy to be of service! Look forward to seeing you again at our historic hotel