“Excellent hotel!”

Ranked #38 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
El Paso
“Excellent hotel!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My family and I stayed on a 4th of July at this hotel. This isn't the first time we have stayed at this hotel and it won't be the last. The hotel staff is always nice! Check-in is a breeze. Pool is nice. Towels always stocked. The room we stayed in had a living room, kitchen, two separate bedrooms, and two bathrooms. Everything seemed clean. Comfortable bedding, pillows, and bed! This hotel offers a manager's reception with food on Monday's-Friday's. This hotel also offers complimentary continental breakfast. It is located off of the I-10, next to another hotel, Taco Cabana, and Walgreens. Across the street from Walgreens is Bassett Center Mall. My family and I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Erik C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Watertown, New York
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This property is in a very convenient location near the airport and the shopping areas along I-10. It is exactly what you would expect from a Residence Inn, but nothing special. The breakfast was up to par, the indoor pool was predictable and the decor was well done. All in all, it is a great place to relax, or stop over in El Paso. Norma, the desk attendant was very helpful when we needed to change rooms. I observed her with other customers and saw that she is very courteous, confident, and knowlegable.

Room Tip: From the first room we were given, you could view all the city lights of El Paso and Ciudad Juarez...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Recently stayed here for an short business trip. Location is very convenient and centrally located. I usually eat off-site, but I know they offer a manger's reception with food. Facilities are very much what I've experienced at other Residence Inn locations. But what I noticed most is that the staff are very friendly and welcoming. I like knowing I can count on consistency in the Marriott brand, especially with a friendly welcome. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have stayed at the Residence Inn El Paso many times and will continue to do so. The daily rate seems a little high, but is in line with similar hotels in the area. Each room is a suite with full kitchen and a large living space. The rooms are beginning to show some wear (carpets frayed, tiles cracked), but are otherwise clean and maintained. The bed was very comfortable. Traffic noise from Interstate 10 will be an issue if you are a light sleeper, so stay on the rear of the property. Residence Inn provides an excellent free breakfast and evening snacks. Despite it's proximity to the airport, there is no free shuttle, which I believe is an oversight. Cab fare was about $7. Numerous restaurants and shopping opportunities are within walking distance, but the general vicinity is not particularly nice. Immediate access to I-10, makes this hotel a good starting point for any local activity.

Room Tip: Stay away from the roadside rooms if you are a light sleeper. Interstate 10 never stops.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Richmond
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed here for a week during Christmas. The room was actually good. What the problem was when I returned home they charged my credit card 150.00 for a cleaning fee. I travelled with my husband and daughter. We did not get cleaning service the whole week as we don't like anyone in our room. They only cleaned the last day, and I cleaned up before I left. They told the credit card company that we, "trashed," the room. This was a complete and utter lie. We travel a lot and have never had this problem. Needless to say it was a pain but we had the charges reversed as there was no evidence that we, "trashed" the room.

Completely dishonest! Would never stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here for a business trip and was given a large room with a full kitchen. The room was closest to Interstate 10 and it felt like I was sleeping in the passing lane. Fortunetaly I was so tired from 15 hour days that the noise didn't affect my sleep. However if you can't sleep with car noise this is not the place for you.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was nice and large. Plenty of space to spread out and relax after a long day of work. Overall the Hotel felt a little dated. It appeared that they may be in the beginings of a renovation which it probably needs.

Overall it was nothing special and I would call in an average Residence Inn at best.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed on night, on our way to California. Good 2 bedroom Suite for 4 adults and 2 kids.
Front desk gave us some good recommendations for restaurants near the hotel. Good breakfast for the family and then hit the road. Pleasant stop.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family