“Microtel in El Paso”

Motel 6 El Paso - Southeast
Ranked #68 of 82 Hotels in El Paso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rosenberg, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and i came out from Houston for a graduation. We worked all day on Thursday, then hit the road driving all night. We finally arrived and checked in but were so tired i cant remember the exact time. I believe it was around 5 or 6am Friday early morning. The gentleman that checked us in seemed nice and it looked as though he knew what he was doing because checkin was rather quick. I would later find out that i was wrong.
The first clue that it was a mistake to have chosen this hotel was that when we got off the elevator we were hit with heat and humidity.... I was too tired to pay much attention and figured i will just enjoy the AC in the room. We finally settled in and hit the bed to get some long needed rest after being awake for over 24 hours.
About 2 hours into our deep sleep we were awakened by someone trying to get into our room. i jumped up to make sure it wasnt an emergency only to find out that it was the maid trying to get in to clean our room despite having put the "Do not disturb" sign on the door handle outside and despite me pushing the light on the wall telling them to NOT disturb us.
I dragged myself back to bed to try and forget the whole thing.
We got up and got ready to go to the graduation around 11am... Once i opened our door to go out to the hallway i was hit again with a wave of heat and humidity. I looked around only to find that the windows were open at each end of the hallway. This is South Texas people.... you can do that in your own home, but it shouldnt ever be done where people actually pay to stay the night. Even if it is to try and save on the electric bill.
We left the hotel and returned at the end of the day to get some good nights sleep. i once again put the "Do not disturb sign" on the door and pushed the button on the wall to not be disturbed hoping that this night we wouldnt be disturbed at all cause we had a long drive back to houston the next day... WRONG
Some time after 1am we were again awakened by someone trying to force their way into our room. I jumped up again to see what was going on. Thru the peep hole i noticed a woman standing in the hallway with a bunch of luggage.. I figured she just had the wrong door and would leave.... that was when she sat down right in front of our door and waited. All of a sudden our room phone rings... The front desk guy tells me "This is the front desk. I need to know your name, and what you are doing in the room?"
I was flabbergasted... i couldnt believe this was happening... I responded by telling him my name and explained that we had checked in early friday morning. He told me - "Well that cant be because i show you checked out yesterday". " i asked him "why would i check in at 5am and check out a couple of hours later when i actually pre paid for 2 nights?" He finally realized someone had made a mistake and hastily said "sorry to disturb you" and hung up.
I was upset but went back to sleep.
Not a minute goes by when the AC started making loud knocking noises. Every time the knocking would start it lasted anywhere from 2 minutes to 5 minutes then would stop for a bit only to start back up again... That is the way it was the rest of the night. I was furious and decided to report it at checkout. I figured i wasnt going to get any where with the guy that just called me from the front desk to ask who i was and what i was doing there. Nobody should go thru all that no matter how much of a discounted rate you pay.
Anyway.... I went to check out and was once again slapped in the face with heat and humidity when i opened our room door... Surprise... the windows were open again in the hallways...
When i got to the front desk I was greeted by a female. She checked me out but never asked me if everything was ok with my stay so i asked how i could file a complaint. She hesitated then asked how she could help me. I told her exactly what happened and all the things that went wrong. All she stated was that she couldnt give me my money back because of the way i had paid and basically there was nothing she could do except pass on the info to the manager who was out and wouldnt be in again until Monday. I advised her i wasnt necessarily looking to get my money back but that i did want to speak to someone about it. It was too much to just let go. She assured me that the Manager would contact me to resolve the issue.
That was back mid May.... it is now almost mid June... I am still waiting :-(

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mike C
Kyle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

My complaint was absolutely no irons available at all despite listing of amenities. Second, coffee was WEAK. Pool was tiny. Location not the most convenient. Beds were comfy, and good AC. Also, little blood spatter in washroom. Most likely will not be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family