“A Place to Stay in You Have Patience”

Motel 6 El Paso - Southeast
Ranked #68 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Dallas Fort Worth
“A Place to Stay in You Have Patience”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Wow, you would think after almost 10 years of Road construction that El Paso and the State of Texas would get their act together. A multitude of Road signs incorrectly placed will get you miles off your destination for this Hotel well off the Frontage Road of I-10 in East El Paso, Texas. The Breakfast Choice is the Typical Cold only Breakfast Cereal and Cold Pastry. If you manage to find this address by arriving early or very late because if you arrive during the Morning or Evening Traffic Congestion on I-10 God Hath No Fury if you are not a local resident fighting your way back and forth to work with Drivers intent on making you a "Nervous Wreck". Aha, you say, I will get off on the Frontage Road. DO NOT get off the I-10 Freeway onto the Frontage as everyone else does the same mistake and it just makes you more frustrated. Stay on a upper floor @ this Motel, because the noise above you can be very loud and they do take Pets. God Help you if they are of a large breed variety.

Room Tip: Do a little Research before you Travel especially in a area such as El Paso which is a Border Town!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I stayed there for 4 days recently and here is a summary of my experience:
- The room smelled bad
- The bathroom was not clean when i first got the room - Hairs were all other the sink
- The towels smelled bad as well
- Very small room
- The worst was the paper thin walls. I could hear my neighbor snore, I could hear the people from the room above mine walking up and down all night, I could hear their TVs, phone conversations, etc. They were not even on the same floor!
It was overall a terrible experience. I would not have stayed there more than one night if I had not prepaid the room.

Room Tip: If you have to stay there, definitely ask for the top floor
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Fremont, California
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Inexpensive and functional, but don't expect any customer service.

Pros:
Laundry on site
Good value
No pet fee

Cons:
No shade by pool area
Not the best neighborhood, nor accessible to food.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed for 1 night at the Microtel Inn on our drive from Houston to San Diego, we only paid $70 total after all fees, etc. The hotel was very clean, friendly staff, plenty of parking and lots of restaurants close by...it was right off of I-10 so it was very convenient.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Glendora, California
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Stopped here to sleep on our way from LA to San Antonio. It looks better on the outside. The rooms are small the mattress is hard, TV does not work. it feels dirty, smells... That's IT!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Rio Grande Valley
Reviewed June 18, 2011

A decent hotel is hard to come by if you own pets. No pet deposit was required, and we paid only seven dollars more for a suite. Microwave, mini fridge, iron, sleeper sofa, and a window seat that could serve as a cot for a family member. We liked the room and we would definitely stay here again when we return. There are no obvious restaurants within walking distance, so you do have to drive down the interstate a couple of lights to hit a hub of stores and restaurants. The continental was standard; cereal english muffins, bagels, pastries, oatmeal, fresh fruit, oatmeal, juice and coffee. The only drawback is that its confusing returning to the hotel if you are coming west on I-10, you have exit farther than what you would think and take the turnaround to double back. I didn't come to sit in the hotel to watch t.v. so I didn't care how many channels there were, nor that it was up high over the closet. My dogs are used to grass and daily walks at the park to do their business so they had a hard time looking for a place to do their business because of the desert landscape. They settled for the shrubs, but there wasn't any place nearby to take them for a walk. Other than that, this has been the best hotel that we have stayed at with dogs.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Arizona
Reviewed May 20, 2011

We were greeted pleasantly and efficiently.

The room and shower were clean.

The room was small but well maintained.

The bed was comfortable.