“even if your afraid of heights, the parking lot is high enough to enjoy”

Wyler Aerial Tramway
Ranked #2 of 95 things to do in El Paso
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Send the brave ones up the tramway which the top is amazing and you can even see the Mexican flag flying in Mexico! Lots of trails if you want to hike up. Last of all the more timid ones have an amazing view in the parking lot and the parking lot have high walls so no worries about tipping over. FYI we had to show up numerous times before we could take tram up because of high wind speeds though we couldn't feel it. It is windier in higher elevations. Parking lot view free tramway smal fee

5  Thank strykerwife
There are newer reviews for Wyler Aerial Tramway

Reviewed September 11, 2010

Pleasantly surprised with my enjoyable experience at the Wyler Tramway... The view from the top is excellent - 360 degree panoroma including Juarez and New Mexico. The ticket fee of 7$ was very reasonable and there was hardly a crowd at the time I went (evening). The ranger guides were very friendly as well. There is a hiking trail that goes up to the top of the mountain next to the tram stop, and next time I go, I would like to hike down the trail after taking the tram on the way up.

I went in the evening around 7pm and this was the best time to go as you get to see the city in broad daylight, catch the sunset, and then see the city lights at dusk. I would also recommend the Scenic Drive on the way back to the city upon leaving the attraction.

5  Thank pannam1
Reviewed October 11, 2009

The aerial tramway is outstanding. For $7 per person, they will take you to the top of Ranger's peak in El Paso. The trams give a smooth ride (except for a bump when they dock) and the rangers in the trams answer any of the questions that you have. They are very knowledgeable and friendly. At the top, there are a couple of pay telescopes (bring some quarters, the views are particularly good from the upper platform telescope). The gift shop has some neat items, some beverages, but little food (which I didn't really go up there for in the first place) and the ranger manning the gift shop was very friendly and helpful and gave us a map showing what we were seeing. I plan to go back for a sunset showing.

When you leave the park where the tramway is, there is a scenic drive where the poor folks live (just a little sarcasm) where you can see some REALLY NICE homes. It is well worth the detour.

If you think the best view of El Paso is in your rear view mirror, the tramway might make you rethink that statement.

4  Thank borderlandbarrister
Reviewed August 29, 2009

The tramway cost $7.00. It rises to around 4000 ft in around 4 minutes taking you to the top of Ranger Peak. Ranger Peak is a litt;e more tha a mile high. You can get get scenic pictures of Mexico and East and west El Paso. There is a nice gift shop on top. You can also leave the platform and hike around on the mountain. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

5  Thank Xonid1
Reviewed August 9, 2009

I saw the Wyler Aerial Tramway website online when looking for things to do in El Paso. I liked the idea that this was something different to do in the area. My husband and I went on a clear, beautiful day and really enjoyed the ride on the tramway and the views from the top. We didn't have lunch at the top, but I think that would be a great idea. They have a cute gift shop up top too. This may not be something that would consume a whole day, but it's cheap and worth the money to take in the views of three states (New Mexico, Chihahua, Mexico, and El Paso) and two countries (US and Mexico). We definitely recommend the Wyler Aerial Tramway.

4  Thank MakingMemories317