“If You Could Smell Me Know”

El Paso Municipal Rose Garden
Ranked #13 of 90 things to do in El Paso
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“If You Could Smell Me Know”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

On Friday I visited the El Paso Municipal Rose Garden for the second time in my life and I have lived in El Paso 50 plus years. It is maintained by both the city of El Paso and the Master Gardeners of El Paso. It is open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday thru Friday and 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday and Sunday. It is open from March 1st thru October 31st and closed to the public over the winter season. Every day you will find the friendliest most informative people working there. It is truly a treasure in our midst and if you just need a bit of calm time in our hectic world it will fill the bill.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank TimWW_ELP

Nashville, Tennessee
494 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 777 helpful votes
“GO ASAP!”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The roses are only in full bloom two times a year and RIGHT now they are in full bloom! I highly recommend this garden. It is FREE! And the volunteers that work the site are amazing, kind and very informative! There are over 1600 roses and 375 varieties to enjoy.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Ann C
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Roses are beautiful at the right time of year”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've reviewed this garden before but since then I've seen a couple of poor reviews which I feel must be addressed. One, March is still winter in El Paso. Of course, there are not going to be many roses yet. The rose bushes are just being pruned at this time of year. But come early or mid April until it gets too hot, the roses are at their best. Please go back again and check them out. Two, August is one of the hottest times of the year in El Paso. Who would even think about having a wedding outside in El Paso anywhere much less in a rose garden in the hottest time of the year? Yes this is the desert and the roses have a hard time in the worst heat, but come late September and through the fall, the roses are once again magnificent. Also, the last thing the rose garden needs is pets in it. Pets like to pooh and this is definitely not the place for it, sorry. There are a few benches to sit on but unfortunately, this garden is not set up for picnics nor does it have facilities. There is just not enough space. It's more important to have lots of beautiful roses, I believe. Please take the time to visit this beautiful garden during the milder seasons when they are at their best. It's July right now and over 100 degrees, how can these roses show their colors with this kind of heat? The garden is very well taken care of by the Rose Society, the El Paso Master Gardeners and the city but expect trash during the windy season and brown leaves during the heat of the summer. The garden is of medium size and if you are a rose lover, you can spend an hour or two enjoying it.

Visited May 2013
7 Thank KGLady72
Las Vegas, Nevada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Sometimes lost is a good thing!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband got lost looking for our aunts house, after driving around in circles we decided to go in and see the pretty roses. Pretty it was I felt like I was in my grandma's house missing tea party's glad we got out to take a look. Nice place to visit!

Visited April 2013
3 Thank BettyJo S
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“No rose blooms, small, and no pets allowed”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was very excited when I saw the pictures of the garden on the news and online of beautiful roses last week. I took my family to see the garden this past weekend and was disappointed in what we drove up on. Non of the roses had even started to bud. I am not sure why old pictures were used for marketing or why they would open before there were even roses. Also, it isn't pet friendly. No pets are allowed according to the sign by the gate. It is a small garden and not a park. It might be a nice place eventually, but right now it is just a bunch of dormant thorny rose bushes and some benches. If it were pet friendly I would return to see what it looks like later on in the blooming season. There just aren't any nice areas to have a picnic with your pet and family in El Paso that I can find.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank FoodieVacationer458

Been to El Paso Municipal Rose Garden? Share your experiences!