“Always worth returning to!”

Nour Mediterranean Cafe
Ranked #62 of 1,546 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Description: Ghassan Abdullah, owner; email: nourcafe@att.net; phone: 915.351.6765
El Paso, Texas
“Always worth returning to!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Taking advantage of a groupon special is not the only reason for returning to this fine restaurant--the excellent service and delicious food makes it well-worth the journey. We each had a platter, one meat, the other vegetarian, which combined to make a superb, filling meal. In fact, it was too much for one sitting--I was able to have another meal the next afternoon. (A handy dogbox provided by the personnel.) The restaurant business is extremely competitive, so it was pleasing to see most of the tables were occupied by customers, including one by my wife & me. If you are motoring here via I-10, it is easiest to take the Executive Center exit, then turn South/left on Mesa Street. Or motor North on Mesa from downtown. Please note this is by motorcar; I have pedaled Mesa numerous times, and do not recommend using that mode of transport. (Unfortunately, there is really no other option here in El Paso!) Anyway, I highly recommend this fantastic eatery, coupon or not. Your palate will agree!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Juanito_Hayburg

“A good option for Mediterranean food”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Though I'm a HUGE fan of Jerusalem Grill, saw a half off voucher online and decided to try this place out. The service is faster here, probably because there are 2 servers compared to 1 at JG, and also they are friendly and attentive. They bring you a complimentary basket of dip and pita bread pieces, which is nice. We ordered Spicy Hummus as an appetizer, which, which it's not all that spicy, was excellent!

They don't have many lamb dishes when compared to Jerusalem Grill - only the Gyros have lamb - which to me was a disappointment; all the other (Shawarma and Kabab) dishes are either beef or chicken. I had the Beef Shawarma, which came on pita bread and 2 sides - I went with Lentil Soup and rice (both were very tasty) - plus some pickled beetroot, fresh onions and Tahini. It was a good sized portion and I enjoyed it very much. My husband ordered Arayes Kafta which are like quesadillas in shape, but with pita bread with a nice ground beef filling. I had a taste and it was good too. We finished things off with a shot of Turkish Coffee each.

Will I come back, I probably will, though not as frequently as I'd go to Jerusalem Grill to get my lamb fix :D. But despite my obvious preference towards JG, I would recommend this restaurant too - it really is a great little place.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Doe-saurus
Texas
“best mediterranean food in El Paso”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I have been searching for authentic middle eastern cuisine in El Paso, and every other restaurant tried just falls short. This is authentic! and I highly recommend it to anyone. The menu is small but diverse. Service and food were excellent! We had the baba ganoush, quite delicious. From appetizer to the Turkish coffee it couldn't have been better!

• Visited June 2012