“Wonderful staff, beautiful hotel, a gem in an older, industrial neighborhood”

Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport
Ranked #12 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I'm rating this hotel 5 stars, mostly due to: the wonderful staff, who went above and beyond in friendliness, helpfulness; the lovely hotel and onsite restuarant; and the easy access to the airport (5 min. away).

I arrived in El Paso after dark, with reservations with another hotel. I could not find that other place, primarily because it was very late and I did not know EP (this was my first visit). After driving in circles in the dark, I found HGI by accident and stopped to ask directions to the other place. I was greeted by a very friendly, wonderful young lady who gave me directions (Misha? Not sure if I spelled that right). I thanked her and left, trying to find my way to the other hotel in a strange city in the dark. After I still could not find it, I returned to HGI again to ask for directions. A very nice young man staff member (David Sierra) noticed my frustration and volunteered to drive me to the other property himself and let me follow his vehicle so I would not be lost in the dark. David drove me to the other place, I thanked him, and he left. But after taking one look at the other place, which was run down, and comparing it to HGI (which also has a lovely restaurant inside the hotel!!), I wisely decided to return to HGI book a room there instead.

Pros: outstandingly kind, helpful staff (thank you, David and Misha!!!). Lovely, onsite restaurant that serves breakfast, dinner, and lunch, and room service from 6AM to 11 PM. (They also offer delicious, hot "made-to-order" breakfast for only $5.00!! ). Beautiful, well-appointed rooms, decorations, and hall carpets. Free computers, printers, scanners in business center (but wifi recommended because computers a bit slow).

Cons: A bit hard to sleep because bright outdoor lights flood the room. (There is a flimsy, super-thin, white drape in the middle of the window but you cannot close the thicker window drapes over it.) Also, the neighborhood is an old, industrial area near railroad tracks and a major hwy. However, I only heard one train horn all night, and I specifically requested a room on the opposite side of the Hwy, so I did not hear any highway noise.

I really hope that HGI considers relocating this wonderful hotel and great staff a bit closer to the airport, in a nicer part of town. If they do, they will probably triple their business.

Room Tip: Top floor room away from the highway was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your comments especially on the great service by the two employees. They will be part of a celebration for there efforts. I am pleased to know the culture we teach is going on even though I am not there. Thank you again and I hope we see you again soon!!!!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Next to a major highway, yet you have to go out of the way to get to it. Great staff, clean rooms, hot breakfast for $$, (unless you're gold or diamond). It's close to restaurants and convenience stores, but remember how you got there so you can get back).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for your review of your most recent stay at our hotel. We are always looking for ways to improve our ability to serve you the guest. We hope next time you are in town you stop in and see us! Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Meets usual Garden Inn standards. Hilton Honors members can trade points for full-service breakfast. Yes, you can whack your shins on the bed legs if not careful. For folks not familiar with the Texas "Gateway" system, these are access roads that parallel an interstate highway (I-10 in this case.) To get to this hotel from the hotel located on Gateway East, you have to go west on Gateway West, use the u-turn lane at Geronimo, and come back east.

Room Tip: No problem with noise from I-10 nor odor from the refinery.
Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you for your comments and we look foward to your next stay with us. We always love to hear from our guest on there stay at out hotel. Thank you again and have a great and safe trip!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The hotel is visually wonderful! The outside pool makes you feel like you are on vacation and the fitness centre is 24 hrs. The staff, however, left a lot to be desired. Not much in the way of a warm, or any measure of, welcome. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning, which we had to enquire about ourselves as no information was offered, was a disgrace! $5 per plate, on top of the $160+ room fee, this was great considering there was my wife and I as well as 2 kids, who would not eat five dollars worth of food on any given morning. So I decided to get two, awful looking, omeletes and share some fruit with the young 'uns. A plate of fruit would be better described as a saucer that could hold a single apple!!! Horrendus!! I paid cash for breakfast in addition to my debit card being charged for it! So ultimately $20 got me 2 godawful omeletes and a toy-size plate for a bit of fruit! Take your own food!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael Q
Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us! I am very sorry you were not greeted by the staff as the guest you should be. We want our entire guest to fill as they are part of our family and we failed. I am sorry you were no given no information on breakfast and I will be speaking with the staff to ensure the right steps will be taken for future guest. Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Air Port and could not wait to leave. From the minute I walked in to the second I walk out the door!! I was not greeted by the young girl at the desk, she was busy talking with a guy her age that was also behind the desk, when she finally looked at me she neglected to tell me anything about the hotel, I had to ask about everything. I asked about breakfast, she said $5 a person from 6-10. I thought that was fair because most Hiltons have a great breakfast, but that morning when my husband and I went to eat breakfast, it was horrible!!!!! I spent $10 for a few slices of bacon, 2 really hard muffins and a very small amount of fruit!!! Not worth the money!!!
The room itself was nice, but service was no good!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

I am very sorry for the way you were treated by the staff. We have an ongoing training program and also for the misinformation you have been given and want to ensure your comments will be addressed with the entire team. It is feedback from you the guest that can only make us better. Thank you for taking the time and have a wonderful week!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Beautifully decorated, rooms exceptional. Staff was professional and helpful. Was attending a Safety Conference for Daltile. Breakfast great! The servers Rose and Leslie were incredible and very friendly. The bartender Elva was great also. El Paso was beautiful even though is was cold. Great restaurants we ate at were The Cattle Barron and Cattlemans Steakhouse incredible food..Don S..

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Airport El Paso! The staff and I are very happy your had a great experience with you recent stay and we look foward to your next visit with us. Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

From check-in to check-out I received excellent customer service. The room was very clean and even though this hotel is located next to a very busy freeway, I did not hear a sound from the traffic. The lighting in the room was a bit dim for my preference so I turned on all five lamps and opened the curtains, which enabled me to see adequately. The protruding wooden ends of the king bed is very annoying and painful when you bump into them. I am not sure why Hilton chose these but I have seen them at several other properties. The internet connection was very strong and enabled me to connect to my VPN server. I requested extra pillows and they were provided without question within about 15 minutes. I had a plumbing problem with the sink and the maintenance guy was there in about 10 minutes. I used the laundry valet service and though it was a bit costly, my laundry was retuned to my room at 5:30pm. This was excellent because when I have stayed at other properties I would have to call to find out the status of my laundry and it would not be there until after 9pm and after several calls they would tell me it arrived and could come down and pick it up. The breakfast was excellent and so were the servers and chefs. I am looking forward to my next stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: Not much to look look at... parking lot, pool, freeway or empty field. I like upper level rooms to...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and we want to thank you for staying with us! It was our pleasure having you as our guest and we look foward to your next visit. Thank you again and have a safe travels!