WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport

Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport
Ranked #13 of 83 Hotels in El Paso
Columbus, Ohio
“Relatively new facility convenient to the airport and FT Bliss”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Meets usual Garden Inn standards. Hilton Honors members can trade points for full-service breakfast. Yes, you can whack your shins on the bed legs if not careful. For folks not familiar with the Texas "Gateway" system, these are access roads that parallel an interstate highway (I-10 in this case.) To get to this hotel from the hotel located on Gateway East, you have to go west on Gateway West, use the u-turn lane at Geronimo, and come back east.

Room Tip: No problem with noise from I-10 nor odor from the refinery.
Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments and we look foward to your next stay with us. We always love to hear from our guest on there stay at out hotel. Thank you again and have a great and safe trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Missoula, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

The hotel is visually wonderful! The outside pool makes you feel like you are on vacation and the fitness centre is 24 hrs. The staff, however, left a lot to be desired. Not much in the way of a warm, or any measure of, welcome. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning, which we had to enquire about ourselves as no information was offered, was a disgrace! $5 per plate, on top of the $160+ room fee, this was great considering there was my wife and I as well as 2 kids, who would not eat five dollars worth of food on any given morning. So I decided to get two, awful looking, omeletes and share some fruit with the young 'uns. A plate of fruit would be better described as a saucer that could hold a single apple!!! Horrendus!! I paid cash for breakfast in addition to my debit card being charged for it! So ultimately $20 got me 2 godawful omeletes and a toy-size plate for a bit of fruit! Take your own food!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael Q
Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us! I am very sorry you were not greeted by the staff as the guest you should be. We want our entire guest to fill as they are part of our family and we failed. I am sorry you were no given no information on breakfast and I will be speaking with the staff to ensure the right steps will be taken for future guest. Thank you again and have a great day!
Eau Clarie
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Air Port and could not wait to leave. From the minute I walked in to the second I walk out the door!! I was not greeted by the young girl at the desk, she was busy talking with a guy her age that was also behind the desk, when she finally looked at me she neglected to tell me anything about the hotel, I had to ask about everything. I asked about breakfast, she said $5 a person from 6-10. I thought that was fair because most Hiltons have a great breakfast, but that morning when my husband and I went to eat breakfast, it was horrible!!!!! I spent $10 for a few slices of bacon, 2 really hard muffins and a very small amount of fruit!!! Not worth the money!!!
The room itself was nice, but service was no good!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
I am very sorry for the way you were treated by the staff. We have an ongoing training program and also for the misinformation you have been given and want to ensure your comments will be addressed with the entire team. It is feedback from you the guest that can only make us better. Thank you for taking the time and have a wonderful week!
Dalton, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Beautifully decorated, rooms exceptional. Staff was professional and helpful. Was attending a Safety Conference for Daltile. Breakfast great! The servers Rose and Leslie were incredible and very friendly. The bartender Elva was great also. El Paso was beautiful even though is was cold. Great restaurants we ate at were The Cattle Barron and Cattlemans Steakhouse incredible food..Don S..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Airport El Paso! The staff and I are very happy your had a great experience with you recent stay and we look foward to your next visit with us. Thank you again and have a great day!
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

From check-in to check-out I received excellent customer service. The room was very clean and even though this hotel is located next to a very busy freeway, I did not hear a sound from the traffic. The lighting in the room was a bit dim for my preference so I turned on all five lamps and opened the curtains, which enabled me to see adequately. The protruding wooden ends of the king bed is very annoying and painful when you bump into them. I am not sure why Hilton chose these but I have seen them at several other properties. The internet connection was very strong and enabled me to connect to my VPN server. I requested extra pillows and they were provided without question within about 15 minutes. I had a plumbing problem with the sink and the maintenance guy was there in about 10 minutes. I used the laundry valet service and though it was a bit costly, my laundry was retuned to my room at 5:30pm. This was excellent because when I have stayed at other properties I would have to call to find out the status of my laundry and it would not be there until after 9pm and after several calls they would tell me it arrived and could come down and pick it up. The breakfast was excellent and so were the servers and chefs. I am looking forward to my next stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: Not much to look look at... parking lot, pool, freeway or empty field. I like upper level rooms to...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and we want to thank you for staying with us! It was our pleasure having you as our guest and we look foward to your next visit. Thank you again and have a safe travels!
San Jose, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed at this HGI by the El Paso airport while attending the Sun Bowl and was dissapointed. I couldn't get internet service on my IPad from inside the room, and I constanly struck my leg on the protruding wooden ends of the king bed.

Breakfast was a disaster with the oatmeal pot empty, and no batter for the waffles. The fruit was not ripe and hard, and when I usually stat at a HGI, I'm looking forward to their breakfast but again during this stay that was not the case. I was told that a big bus load of guests had just ended their breakfast and that was the reason for the empty food items.

Next time, I'll consider for a few dollars more, the Embassy Suites nearby. There's room for improvement at this hotel.

Room Tip: Get there early to assure that they have plenty of breakfast items. I was there at 8 am and was app...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel and restaurant. I understand that you were disappointed with your entrée, I have brought your comment to our culinary team and we are actively reworking our offerings with your recommendations in mind. I am very sorry you had trouble with the internet connection and I had support make sure we did have service I apologize for what you had to go through. The next time you are in area we would love to have you come back to see the changes we have made and provide feedback. Thank you once again for your comments.
Taber, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel is great for travels since its so close to the airports. First of all, the rooms are very renovated and nice and clean, beds are a bit hard for my taste but I wouldn't call it bad. The gym was very nice. Every night I would go on the elliptical and they have tv's built on all their gym equipment which is very nice to keep your mind occupied. In all, very nice hotel. I do recommend it,

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Please look us up next time your travel brings you to El Paso. Thank you again and safe travels!