“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #5 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Chicago, Illinois
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was so tired when I came in to El Paso from two delayed flights. The shuttle picked me up quickly and when I got to the hotel I was so pleasantly surprised. I was so comfortable in my room ans was happy to have been able to get into it as quickly as I did. The place was so modern and clean and I felt I got a great deal for my money. I've stayed at Comfort Hotels before and this by far has been the nicest. On my last day in El Paso, TX I met the manager Linda at breakfast, she was very sweet and genuinely interested in my experience during my stay. I will be traveling back to El Paso in a couple of months and will surely make sure that I stay at the Comfort Inn again.

Room Tip: You can use the ppa at the property next door, they are managed by the same company and share severa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Madelynn J
Linda S, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for the great review you gave to the Comfort Inn & Suites in El Paso. We will be looking forward to your next stay with us. We really appreciate your business and thanks again for taking the time to do a review for us.
Operation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was a bit wary of staying on I-10 in El Paso, because of the traffic.
However, our room was super quiet and very comfortable.
The evening reception was a bit of a dissapointment, as some guests emptied the food containers, by over-filling their plates, and we got the last of the first batch.
Breakfast was typical Comfort Inn fare.
Good, plenty and tasteful.
The Breakfast room is on the Third Floor and has a nice view of Mexico.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the North side, preferably on First floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jim S
Linda S, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Jim,

Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Inn and Suites. I appreciate the feedback regarding the challenge you had with the nightly reception food. Because of your feedback - I'm working deligently with our team to ensure that the appetizers are replished more frequently for you and our other guest to enjoy. Thank you again for your response - we want to continue improving our service and appreciate your reply. We hope to see you again on your next visit. Please ask for me by name so I can personally meet you.

Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I was surprised to see a Comfort Inn rated #1 in the city. I stay often at Comfort Inns because they are a great value, clean, reasonably priced. We arrived very late...1am... the room was ready, and the night manager was friendly, helpful, and attentive. I could not believe how quiet this place is...nestled between a very busy I-10 and the airport! We slept without outside disturbances. We didn't have breakfast...slept too late! We would stay here again in a heartbeat. Clean, quiet, great price, and #1!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dale,

Thank you for your kind review - We hope you stay with us again the next time you visit El Paso. Please ask for me by name, I would like to thank you in person. Next time please try our breakfast buffet - you will be pleasantly surprised.

Albuquerque
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed here one night last week for a business trip and was really disappointed. Before making my reservation, I checked TripAdvisor and this hotel was ranked #1. I have no idea why. I've stayed at other Comfort Inns and there is nothing exceptional about this property or their service. In fact, there are actually a few "cons" to staying here:

1. When I checked in, the person at the front desk said they'd be serving food upstairs at 6 pm. I went up to the dining room after 6 and there was nothing there but some soft drinks and coffee. A number of people were milling about awkwardly, but obviously no food and no staff nearby.

2. The hotel is located on a very busy street beneath I-10. There are a few restaurants nearby (Carino's, e.g.), but walk at your own peril. I went ahead and walked to a sushi restaurant that was nearby and it did not feel safe at all. The traffic was so heavy and so fast and streets were obviously not designed to accommodate pedestrians.

3. Not sure if they are not cleaning their bedding/linens regularly, but the odor of air freshener in the room was so strong it was hard to sleep. It seemed like it had even been sprayed onto the pillows. I was exhausted after traveling all day and just wanted to get some sleep, so I didn't complain, but regardless - any hotel that has to use that much air freshener is not cleaning the rooms and linen properly or trying to mask other odors.

4. Internet speed is very slow. I tried to stream a video and it was impossible.

Some good things: free shuttle to and from the airport, water pressure is good, and easy to access from the highway.

I would not stay here again and wouldn't recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rbr0wn
Linda S, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I'm so sorry that your visit to our property was not what you expected. I checked into the challenges you had in regards to the timing of the complimentary food. I did find that yes indeed it was late - However, it did arrive approximately 15 minutes later. I am so sorry for that inconvenience. Yes, we do have some great restaurants in the area and we would have been more than happy to take you to any one of them. We have two complimentary shuttles that will take you and pick you up anywhere in a three mile radius. Additionally, I've checked into the internet issue and I guarantee it has been resolve. Regarding the strong fresh odor, we have changed the fragrance of the freshener to ensure that our guests do not find it over-powering.
In closing, I apologize once again for your less than stellar stay, I would love to speak to you in person and attempt to rectify any issues you encountered.

Tarzana, Ca.
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This place was very nice, surprisingly quiet for being so close to the airport and freeway. The price was right. It was clean and comfortable and what I've come to expect from Comfort Inn & Suites. The front desk was very courteous, our first room wasn't quite right and they promptly and pleasantly changed our room. The breakfast was the typical kind you find at chain hotels these days---packaged egg omelets, packaged cereals and very small cups for coffee. All in all it was a pleasant stay and I would recommend it--but #1? I wonder what the other hotels are like!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mstarzana
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here at the recommendation of a colleague. I had stayed at the Hampton next door previously and wan't thrilled. This place was much nicer and about $40 a night less. Rooms were large and very new, breakfast was above average and the gym actually had a set of dumbbells.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank onetmr
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 9 nights while we were moving to El Paso. The rooms are extremely clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff is also excellent. On two occasions we had minor issues with noise, and both times the staff provided rapid response in fixing our problems. The breakfast buffet is really good, and the location is unbeatable. Even the fitness center is modern, and it actually has a decent set of free weights. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business