“Can't Possibly Be #1”

Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport
Ranked #5 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed here one night last week for a business trip and was really disappointed. Before making my reservation, I checked TripAdvisor and this hotel was ranked #1. I have no idea why. I've stayed at other Comfort Inns and there is nothing exceptional about this property or their service. In fact, there are actually a few "cons" to staying here:

1. When I checked in, the person at the front desk said they'd be serving food upstairs at 6 pm. I went up to the dining room after 6 and there was nothing there but some soft drinks and coffee. A number of people were milling about awkwardly, but obviously no food and no staff nearby.

2. The hotel is located on a very busy street beneath I-10. There are a few restaurants nearby (Carino's, e.g.), but walk at your own peril. I went ahead and walked to a sushi restaurant that was nearby and it did not feel safe at all. The traffic was so heavy and so fast and streets were obviously not designed to accommodate pedestrians.

3. Not sure if they are not cleaning their bedding/linens regularly, but the odor of air freshener in the room was so strong it was hard to sleep. It seemed like it had even been sprayed onto the pillows. I was exhausted after traveling all day and just wanted to get some sleep, so I didn't complain, but regardless - any hotel that has to use that much air freshener is not cleaning the rooms and linen properly or trying to mask other odors.

4. Internet speed is very slow. I tried to stream a video and it was impossible.

Some good things: free shuttle to and from the airport, water pressure is good, and easy to access from the highway.

I would not stay here again and wouldn't recommend it to others.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rbr0wn
Linda S, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

I'm so sorry that your visit to our property was not what you expected. I checked into the challenges you had in regards to the timing of the complimentary food. I did find that yes indeed it was late - However, it did arrive approximately 15 minutes later. I am so sorry for that inconvenience. Yes, we do have some great restaurants in the area and we would have been more than happy to take you to any one of them. We have two complimentary shuttles that will take you and pick you up anywhere in a three mile radius. Additionally, I've checked into the internet issue and I guarantee it has been resolve. Regarding the strong fresh odor, we have changed the fragrance of the freshener to ensure that our guests do not find it over-powering.
In closing, I apologize once again for your less than stellar stay, I would love to speak to you in person and attempt to rectify any issues you encountered.

Linda Snow

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport

Reviewed September 28, 2012

This place was very nice, surprisingly quiet for being so close to the airport and freeway. The price was right. It was clean and comfortable and what I've come to expect from Comfort Inn & Suites. The front desk was very courteous, our first room wasn't quite right and they promptly and pleasantly changed our room. The breakfast was the typical kind you find at chain hotels these days---packaged egg omelets, packaged cereals and very small cups for coffee. All in all it was a pleasant stay and I would recommend it--but #1? I wonder what the other hotels are like!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mstarzana
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here at the recommendation of a colleague. I had stayed at the Hampton next door previously and wan't thrilled. This place was much nicer and about $40 a night less. Rooms were large and very new, breakfast was above average and the gym actually had a set of dumbbells.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank onetmr
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 9 nights while we were moving to El Paso. The rooms are extremely clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff is also excellent. On two occasions we had minor issues with noise, and both times the staff provided rapid response in fixing our problems. The breakfast buffet is really good, and the location is unbeatable. Even the fitness center is modern, and it actually has a decent set of free weights. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Kevin G
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was super, ultra modern, clean and very interesting layout. Price was really great

Nice fitness center and the nicest breakfast room I have seen short of a high-end resort! The staff was excellent and even ask me how I liked the breakfast room. They genuinely thanked me for being a diamond elite level guest and gave me a free upgrade.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank GriffCo
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here for a night on a quick trip to El Paso. So glad we did. The rooms are very clean, comfortable, and quiet. The decor is wonderful, and the price is very very reasonable for the amenities you get. We loved the continental breakfast, and loved the evening snack and free drinks they provide for guests, plus its free!. This hotel has the same owners as the holiday inn next door so we were allowed to use their pool. Not the best pool by any means, but it was great for the kids. We will stay here any time we are in El Paso.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank amocomida
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Great room. Clean ,quiet, COOL, and comfortable. I had battery problems with rental car but, thanks to desk staff, for the number of the local rental car location and directions to the near-by airport, I soon had a replacement car. A big problem made much better by the friendly, helpful staff. Breakfast was as very good with a good choice of well prepared food. I would stay there if in El Paso.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple