“In the foodstore or the restaurant, it's all good!”
Review of Jerusalem Grill

Jerusalem Grill
Ranked #426 of 1,569 Restaurants in El Paso
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife needed several items for cooking a specific meal, one being whole black lentils, and made plans to buy them from the foodstore portion of this fabulous eatery. Unfortunately, it is located on the Westside of El Paso, far from our home on the Eastside. Then, it was complicated by our having to return to her worksite in the Northeast! Well, we had already figured we might have to eat out, which is almost always OK with me. Once she found & purchased in the foodstore, a quick glance through the partition and the intense aroma of delicious food inspired me to request that we might as well eat here--it was getting late. Soon, with prompt & pleasing service, we were eating baba gnoush with hot, fresh pita; absolutely delightful. As a vegetarian, it was easy for me to fill up with the entree; but tell you what, I'm looking forward to when I go off this diet to enjoy lamb once again! I sure am looking forward to eventually journeying back to that part of the World, and hope it'll be on my Doublevision, when I'll not feel too guilty about enjoying all that wonderful food. In the meantime, Jerusalem Grill is a most satisfactory stop. I highly recommend you eat here, too!

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Excellent mixture of Middle Eastern and Greek cuisine. Food was delicious and very attractively prepared. A bit expensive, but still a good value. Dining
area is tight, but it nice to eat at a restaurant with real table clothes and napkins that are color coordinated. I would strongly recommend and a great break from the typical food scene in El Paso.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I'm not one to lay out a 5-star rating without it being truly deserved. This is one such time.

My wife and I started with some toasted pita bread and seasoned olive oil. The combination was great. My wife asked for a side of sliced cucumbers in lieu of pita bread.

My wife and I enjoyed a spectacular sampler appetizer of Baba Ganoush, Spanikopita, Stuffed Grape Leaves, Hummus and Falafel. We could tell that the BG was fresh as the eggplant "pulp" was fresh and tasty. The Spanikopitas were light and flakey with steaming hot spinach within. The grape leaves were wrapped tightly around a delicious rice and meat stuffing. The hummus was perfection - gently seared with the tines of a hot fork for a lovely presentation. My wife's favorite was the Falafel - cooked thoroughly with a soft and hot center with a crunch exterior.

The Shish Kabob was equally perfect! The lamb had been marinated most exquisitely and cooked perfectly - moist within with an ever so slight singeing on the outside - the skewer removed for ease of eating. The lamb was sitting atop of a wonderful bed of rice which absorbed the lamb juices nicely. The kabobs were served with a side of hummus and a refreshing salad.

Portions were sufficient enough that dessert wasn't necessary.

The server was adequate and friendly.

The proprietor, Alex, was on site and visited us at our table. He was extremely friendly and hospitable.

The decor was sufficient and tasteful. The middle eastern music was a nice touch and played at a volume appropriate for background enjoyment.

We can't wait to return and try the rest of the menu.

1  Thank Bem-Safado
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The food is comparable to other Mediterranean restaurants we have eaten in. The service was efficient and very friendly. The meal begins with a bowl of toasted pita bread with olive oil and seasoning for dipping. Their lentil soup was very good. Everything we tried was what we would expect it to be. Disappointed that they were out of tabouli. They are in the process of updating the menu and decor of the restaurant. We will definitely come back again.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

My wife & I enjoyed a delicious meal here as well as buying specialty beans from the adjacent store. Our $30 meal was extremely inexpensive with Groupon, under $10, including tip. The waitress/server was super responsive. We both had lamb; she, kebab; I, shawerma; additionally, we also shared an appetizer of warm grape leaves--all of this was fantastic! I liked it all, disliking that I didn't order more! I highly recommend this fine restaurant to everybody! And check out the store--you might be tempted by the fresh olives, or other deli items, as I was(but didn't buy because our superb meal awaited us next door)!