“great food and service, loud but excellent live music”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Garden

The Garden
Ranked #765 of 1,535 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: American, Japanese, Sushi
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Groovy place...great food & service GORGEOUS out door area!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“great food and service, loud but excellent live music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Was in town for business and ended up on my last night in El Paso. This was on a recommendation from a local and was glad our group ended up here!

Our group went on a Friday night. Parking was in an adjacent lot for $5.00. We arrived at 5:30pm and thankfully, there was not a wait. The place fills up pretty fast.

The menu is a bit hard to understand -- a few pages of sushi selections and an American classics type of menu. I went with the American side of the menu:

- grilled ribeye with bleu cheese sauce, Caesar salad (be sure to ask for anchovies!) and French fries -- $33.00
- Hawaiian Tres Leches cake (coconut, pecan and pineapple) -- $7.00

The ribeye was cooked perfectly and the bleu cheese sauce was great. The grilled onions that came with were good but overpowering after a few bites. Both the bleu cheese sauce and the onions come on the side so you can adjust depending on your tastes.

I also had a martini and got some bleu cheese olives that our very friendly waitress made at my request. Talk about service!

The only downside was the live music. Don't get me wrong, the trio that played were just excellent. It was just my mood that night - they were just a bit on the loud side. If you are up for dining outside when the live band is playing, that's probably the best unless you feel like screaming across the table to be heard. If I went on a date or was eating solo, I think it would have been OK to take in the band over drinks. But this is not subtle dining music - at least the crew that was playing that night.

Definitely 4 stars for food and service, though!

• Visited February 2013

Houston, TX
“Fun place, good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

The Owner of Rocket Buster Boots suggested this restaurant since it's across the street from her shop. Excellent suggestion. The Shrimp Pozole was different but tasty. The grilled artichoke appetizer was just about the best artichoke I have ever had. each each of my table-mates loved their lunch selections: beef tenderloin sandwich, salmon, sushi and house Caesar salad were all winners.

El Paso, Texas
“Great meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here with my boyfriend. The atmosphere is laid-back (watch sports on the TVs at the bar) mixed with a touch of formal (you can get dressed up and have a romantic meal in the soft-lit area in the back). Food was great for the price and the restaurant had a good drink selection. The servers were attentive. Would definitely eat there again.

Huntsville
“Wow, I can't believe just 1 review on this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

It must be a secret!

So I ate here when I was on travel for work. I thought it was excellent! Great service and delicious food!

I ate sushi and the pieces were so huge I had to cut them in 1/2 just to eat them! The wine selection is good as well.

It looks like it would be a cool place to eat outside in the summer because they have a neat covered patio area with lights in the ceiling! It was too cold for us, but if I go back in the summer I'd defiantly eat here again.

Everyone I was with enjoyed their meals as well. Great place to eat. It's a little on the pricey range, but worth it.

• Visited October 2012
Salt Lake City
“The beat secret restaurant in El Paso”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is my favorite restaurant in El Paso. It is located 2 blocks west of the convention center right downtown, and it seems that only mostly locals know about it. I would describe it as a Gastro-pub. The dishes consist of salads, burgers, sandwiches, as well as more substantial fare such as red meat and seafood. The quality of the food is outstanding! Every dish has some twist on traditional preparation, with the representation of southwest spices you'd expect. The decor is "urban metro modern", very chic, and the service is excellent and friendly. If it is cool outside, I'd suggest you sit on the outside patio for drinks and a meal. This place transports you to another location, with a cosmopolitan feel you'd find in Seattle or San Franciso. I suggest you don't tell too many friends about this place - I'd like to keep it a memorable, hidden gem!

• Visited June 2012