“Need it now, get it now!”
Review of Pho So 1

Pho So 1
Ranked #783 of 1,543 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Vietnamese
El Paso, Texas
“Need it now, get it now!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My daughter (home from college), my wife, and I went out for a meal on a cold & windy Saturday night, ready for someone else to do the cooking since none of were going to prepare food so late in the day. (I had been Santa at Esperanza Acosta Moreno Regional Library earlier, and we-my Elf daughter & I--arrived there upon my 2-wheeled Doublevision sleigh.) We hadn't motored far before I remembered this exceptionally fine Vietnamese restaurant and insisted we stop. After turning around and easily finding good parking, I was a bit concerned because another couple was there looking neglected. I needn't have concerned myself--we were given immediate attention, and soon had #6, Ga Nuong Cuon, (spring rolls with charbroiled chicken) appetizers, to sooth the empty stomachs. We followed it with the mains of 2 #32, Bun Ga Nuong & Tom (Rice vermicelli with charbroiled chicken and shrimp) and a #22, Pho Ga (Chicken noodle soup). The soup was steaming hot, the same as I had anticipated the #32s to be, but was disappointed that it was not. But, then, maybe it is supposed to be that way? I don't know and I didn't ask; maybe I should give the 5th star? Regardless, it was delicious and ample enough that we had a dog-box for leftovers. Other than luke-warm #32s, this was and continues to be 5-star restaurant. I highly recommend it to everybody who enjoys highly nutritious food, prompt & courteous service, and an excellent price! P.S.: The earlier neglected couple were not hardly so; they were waiting for other companions to join them.

• Visited December 2012

El Paso
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Noodle soup!”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

- Pho here so good
The broth is perfect rice noodle soup with tender beef or chicken .
This one is one of my favorite.
If you want PHO this restaurant should be the one.
- Very clean restaurant.
- A lot of parking space.
- Fast service.
- Better value.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank ElPasoFrank
Ruskin, Florida
“The Pho here is outstanding !”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This was the best Pho (beef and noodle soup) I have had in years. The staff is very friendly, quick to serve and they make outstanding food. Having travelled the world over many times, I love to see a local est. get Viet food spot on. The soup is hot and will warm your spirit right where it needs it.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank astayer
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Good quality Vietnamese food in a strip mall restaurant”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We passed this place in a strip mall at Montwood and Trawood. It was a very clean tidy restaurant. The Vietnamese host was in the table area and seated us. He kind of stayed there and waited until our body language indicated we needed him and he came right over. I ordered my usual Bun Thit Nuong (Vermicelli and grilled pork) and Goi Cuon (fresh spring rolls). These are my "test" dishes for first visit Vietnamese restaurants. The food was excellent, and prepared as we ordered it, so it was very fresh. The rolls were prepared freshly also. I loved the food and would definitely dine there again.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank usndoc

Been to Pho So 1? Share your experiences!