“only stopped for a drink”
Review of Tabla

Tabla
Ranked #9 of 1,611 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I only stopped here for a drink but whilst here I noticed the food being delivered to other guests which was making me hungry as I only had 30mins I didn't think it was enough time to be served and eat without rushing and spoiling my food but next time I am in El Paso I will again visit this restaurant

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Excellent food. Very nice atmosphere. Service was excellent also. I especially enjoyed the tempera calamari. We went on a friday night. There was a good 2 man combo paying. Try it; you'll like it.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I recently spent a few days in El Paso, Texas. After dining at the requisite Mexican joints, we wanted a special meal downtown,within walking distance of our hotel (The Doubletree). Tabla had great reviews, but in the end we decided we wanted Italian. Lucky for us, the restaurant we chose was booked. The next stop was The Garden......an hour wait. Tabla was next door but looked closed. We ventured in and it was like being wrapped in a cashmere blanket. Great music, friendly hostess, who although we did not have a reservation, sat us with a smile. Our server, Mark, was a rare find. Knowledgeable, professional, friendly. He explained the menu perfectly, which helped us choose wisely. The dining room quickly filled up and we noted that once seated, tables did not leave. The setting was so inviting you did not want to leave. We commented that we were surprised that we were able to be seated and learned that they only had one open table for two when we walked in. Meant to be! Having spent time in Barcelona, I can honestly say these tapas were better than many we had in Spain.

Mark, you are a treasure. Julio Ortiz, the musician, was superb. Chef, how can we thank you for an absolutely great night!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Been here several times. We seem to always get two orders of the bacon wrapped dates with pecan syrup on top. The also serve things like duck and polenta. Each dish is pretty creative.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Unique culinary experience and excellent food. Made for a very enjoyable evening. Just remember, all those smaller sized appetizers and entrees add up.

Been to Tabla? Share your experiences!