“Tapas done with a twist”
Review of Tabla

Tabla
Ranked #9 of 1,610 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2013

When recommended by two restaurants in Marfa, we knew we need to try Tabla before our journey back to New York. A place not to miss. Not your typically Spanish tapas bar. Tabla is in an revitalization area of downtown El Paso. The tapas selections from dates wrapped with bacon drizzled with toasted pecans, to warmed goat cheese with an onion chutney to steamed mussels with jamon to grilled asparagus to short ribs off the bone and horseradish sauce. Beyond yum. And, the waitstaff were informative. Kudos to Oscar for pacing our meal so that we were not overwhelmed by all of the dishes.

1  Thank eawnyc

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Oscar was our server who recommended fabulous dishes to try for the evening. It's a Tapas restaurant do it's all about sharing. The dishes came in perfect sized portions for two people. The restaurant had a blues band playing on a Friday night that made our date night even more spectacular. We'll definitely be going back again.

3  Thank Eman0916
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Food is great, wine list is ok. Atmosphere is fun and seems to have a devoted following. This is 50 characters!

1  Thank MarfaDizzy
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had visited Tabla with my sister for lunch during the summer and I absolutly loved it. So on Valentine's Weekend my husband surprised me by taking me there. We had an absolute wonderful time.. everything was perfect, the light, the music, the Sangria and of course the food was to die for. Our server was attentive and we never had to call her attention for anything. I recommend this place for a date night, after work with friends, or lunch. I've heard they will be having brunch on Sundays, I can't wait for that!
Wonderful, Wonderful place.

1  Thank Emma C
Reviewed March 4, 2013

An appetizer list done well leaves for lots of choices.You may want to try everything as starters with friends or a salad and entree for yourself.... The dining space is attractive enough and not too shiny or divey like other places.. the lengthy bar near the kitchen is always fun too

1  Thank Carl D

Been to Tabla? Share your experiences!