“Stepping into a different city!”
Review of Tabla

Tabla
Ranked #9 of 1,605 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I had been here for lunch and loved it, so I brought my friend for a Tuesday evening out during the thanksgiving holiday. We lucked out because it was happy hour and all tagged menu items were $5! We ordered 2 cocktails, a tanqueray with a splash o tonic and a special pomegranate mojito. Both were excellent. Mojito was perfectly tangy. And my picky friend commented that her drink came exactly as ordered, which is rare for her, she always sends them back!
We were ravenous so we ordered many of the flagged happy hour items, like grilled asparagus with prosciutto, braised cauliflower, grilled pork shish kebab with some sauce like a romescue(sp). We also got the bacon dates, yum! Sweet and savory! We also decided to try the albondigas which were full price, but fantastic, the soup they were in was delectable and we polished off the meatballs quickly!
We were so pleased that all the staff from the host to waiter to manager were professional and friendly. The manager came to our table to see how everything was.
We were happy to have a little jazz trio performing classics. They were really good but not so loud and we could hear each other fine.
We cannot wait to go back! It is my new favorite!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We found this place through Restaurant.com (and finding it is not easy - it's on a pedestrian side street just off the "actual" street address) and thought we'd give it a try. We were (as a group) all extremely impressed. The range and quality of the food were exceptional - it's one of the best meals I've eaten in the US (I've lived here for over 4 years since moving from the UK), and indeed would stand up against many fine retaurants in Europe (I'm not necessarily "knocking" American food here, but there are, broadly speaking, different priorities, different cultural attitudes, between US and European restaurants).

1  Thank tchernabyelo
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I went with a bunch of colleagues after work one evening. Prior to going they had never heard of Tapas before. The food was pretty good and since we went on a Tuesday there were Happy Hour specials all night. I will say that the food came out in interesting shifts and would have preferred the hot dishes more at the same time, but the food was good and the portions were nice for tapas. I would go back.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The tapas servings were very large and delicious. Call it "tapas fusion" because iof their different interpretation of traditional Spanish dishes. Their paella tapas have a nice selection of mussels, clams, octopus, and shrimp with finely chopped spanish chorizo - delish! The rice isn't perfect (more like a risotto) but it's served quickly, hot and yummy. The sauteed mussels were delightful. Salads are very nice, especially the one with pear slices. The desserts are wonderful although somewhat unconventional - chocolate version of crema catalonia was delightful an unexpected. This place is definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Went for a political fundraiser for a great judicial candidate thinking it didn't matter whether I liked the food or not, but it was amazing! I loved my seared tuna strips and simple salad. Sampled others' dishes--the bacon dates were ridiculously good, and the burger was the best I've had in a long time. In fact, I went back a couple of days later to get a whole burger to myself! The place is pretty, cozy, and fun. Will keep going back.

Been to Tabla? Share your experiences!