“By airport is all I can say”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham EL Paso Airport
Ranked #34 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed November 20, 2010

Decent for 60 bucks but.....tv wasn't working and front desk clerk was asleep when I checked out. Bed and bedding were nice. Room was small

• Stayed: November 2010
There are newer reviews for Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham EL Paso Airport

Reviewed September 6, 2010

We traveled to El Paso in late August 2010 for a family wedding and our hotel stay made the trip that much more pleasant. We enjoyed the convenience of being close to the airport, shopping and the interstate. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the air conditioning worked great, the complimentary breakfast was filling, the treadmills in the exercise room made it easy to work out every day (I looked up the brand when I got home because I want one), and the staff was friendly and accommodating. The only thing that would make it better would be a longer happy hour. Gracias Hawthorne Inn & Suites. Our trip was memorable!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I went back to El Paso for my 25th high school reunion, and was very fortunate to stay at the Hawthorne Inn and Suites. It was absolutely convenient for me, the complimentary breakfast was terrific, and the entire staff attended to my every need. I have lived in several countries and have traveled even more-the hotel was wonderful, clean and most importantly, I was treated very very well-a combination that is extremely hard to come by these days.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 22, 2010

This was our 2nd choice for a hotel stay after we reviewed a lot of hotels in El Paso. Michelle at the front desk was AWESOME she knew us all by name, and greeted us with a smile each and every day. The shuttle got us around within a 3 mile radius (There's a lot to do in 3 miles of this hotel) They had happy hour from 5-6 monday-thursday how many motels have that? The pool and hot tub were soothing. We were right next to the airport and didn't hear a single plane the 4 nights we stayed there. There are not a lot of good reviews for this place, but stay one night, if you don't like it, go somewhere else, we found it perfect for the 6 of us

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2010

The bright spot was the staff. On check-in and at happy hour, all were extremely friendly and nice.

The room is very dated. The dresser is worn. A/C is a bit tricky.

Room's curtains do get the room dark during the day.

There is a flat panel, LCD TV in the room.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Well I hate to say it but I will more than likely stay @ Hawthorn again just because of it's location and it meets the per diem for the area for my company.
The positive thing is they do have a pretty nice free breakfast. It is very good.
The negatives - this place is outdated - and not clean.
I noticed new bedding like that is going to help the place look "new"?
The shower (to me) is just nasty....with rusty faucets...and the bottom of the shower is just gross.
This is a convenient place. I usually travel to El Paso by myself and this is close to work. The only good thing about staying at this hotel is that there is 2 resturants in the parking lot (Applebees & Cattle Baron's).
I don't like this place...but I don't have many choices due to cost restraints.
Oh and the walls must be super thin because you can hear the person in the next room coughing and the person upstairs doing jumping jacks I assume.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2009

I chose this because I have stayed in Hawthornes before. Mistake.

Bad: The room was old, the wireless was spotty and very poor, the rug was stained, and the cable frequently went out. The wake up was 15 minutes early.

The towels looked like the kind you get through a bank drawer in a no-tell motel. Scratchy and small. The clean tub had mold in the corners. Ewwwwww.

No closet - just a rack in the bathroom. Room not cleaned or made up until 3:30 PM daily.

Good: It was close to Ft Bliss where I was working and parking was not an issue..Close to the airport. The fridge worked.