“The hotel room was not very clean. Nothing that a bottle of...”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham EL Paso Airport
Ranked #20 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
Pearland
“The hotel room was not very clean. Nothing that a bottle of...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

The hotel room was not very clean. Nothing that a bottle of Clorox cant fix. The staff and front desk were wonderful. Had many choices for breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

GMHawthornSuites, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham EL Paso Airport, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We strive to keep all of our guests rooms clean and I am very sorry you found yours otherwise. On the other hand, I am pleased you enjoyed our breakfast and we hope you return soon.
Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Christmas day. Who wants to work on xmas? I get its a bad day to work, but goodness, a smile goes a long way.

First person I see(Juan) is looking at me like im a Martian or something, as I stand near the counter waiting for him to finish up whatever it was he was doing. Asks me what I need. I state that I need to check in with a reservation made on priceline. Says he hasn't got it and it can take 15-20 mins.

After waiting around for a while, I stand up and see a different person behind the counter. He's a young guy who is the bell person. He asks how he can help and I tell him what I'm waiting for. At that point, Juan comes back and says my reservation hasn't come in. Once I offer to call priceline to see what the hold up is(i have seen that actually happen), the young man quickly clicks on the mouse and it appeared.

I then walk to the room and its smoking. I call the front desk, young man answers, i ask if there is non smoking, and he sighs loudly. Has no one ever asked for such a thing? Or do you have to deal with this all day? Whatever the reason, it was ver unprofessional. Then there was no offer to bring the key, i had to say "i guess I'll come get the key." end of call. Wow.

I got a good deal on priceline, but I would never stay there again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
GMHawthornSuites, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham EL Paso Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for your comments. Your comments have been addressed and please accept my sincere apologies for this poor service from my staff members. This is certainly not what any General Manager wants to hear as it is not our culture at this hotel.
I would appreciate another opportunity to better serve you.
Thankyou again.

Travelers are raving about these El Paso hotels

Kissimmee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

It was a good hotel for the value and the location. All of t he staff is very friendly and helpful. The shuttle service/ van driver goes out of his way to make sure everything is to your satisfaction. I would have appreciated it better if the carpet had been cleaned/ vacumed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you return in the near future. Your in-room concern has been addressed.
Thank you.