Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham EL Paso Airport
Ranked #34 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed May 28, 2008

It was ok stay, we check in late and our reservation was there, room was neat but small, there was a head lamp not working, great swiming pool, heard upper neighbors, not much of airplanes considering that airport is 1 mile far. parking lot was dark not very lighted, Good hot breakfast buffet, it worked for our purpose...

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham EL Paso Airport

Reviewed April 29, 2008

We booked this hotel through Orbitz and got a better deal than that offered by the hotel's own website. $65.85 + tax for a total of $80.95. Had a king no smoking. Room was a bit small for a King. Perhaps designed for a standard double but it was comfortable and walls were thick enough that I did not hear the neighbors. Bed was nice and I don't remember the towels being too thin. Room seemed pretty clean tho there was a bit of mold around the tub that they hadn't managed to kill. My sinuses did notice.

We had a room on the courtyard. Very pleasant and traffic/airplane noise was not bad. There were some very loud birds courtyard but a nice change from traffic noise. We had sheers and solid drapes.

Clerk was polite and even offered to loan us his own personal newspaper since the hotel didn't seem to have any. It was a Saturday so no USA Today.

Breakfast was the best I've seen in a long time. Too bad I'm not a breakfast person.

Hotel is so close to the airport that we were able to check out bags with Southwest 4 hours ahead of time then come back and rest for several hours before turning in the rental car.

Didn't have a computer this time so can't speak for any wireless problems.

Gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2008

Good location close to the airport. Rooms small but adequate. Pretty pool area. Surly desk clerk when we checked in but everybody else was pleasant and friendly. Superb free breakfast. Cocktail hour in the evening with free drinks and popcorn. Planes flying over the hotel create a little noise but not too bad. Would stay here again, in fact, I will be doing so later this month. A good value.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2008

This hotel is convenient to the El Paso airport, they will let you park your car on their property for free while you are gone and run a shuttle pretty much all the time (air crews overnight here). They provide a decent breakfast buffet too. So why do I not like this place...well, the rooms..Two people and a king size bed and two carry ons just about fill up all space, bed and bath linens are pretty worn, also bedspread. The whole room was in just rather sad condition. But they charge first class prices, so think I will take my business elsewhere from now on. And be a lot more comfortable at the same price.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2007

The website for Hawthorn suites bills itself as an "extended stay" hotel. As a frequent traveler, I associate "extended stay" with features such as larger rooms, refrigerators, maybe a stove. My room, on the other hand, was tiny without even a mini-fridge. The TV was under 19" and half the channels were wavy. The mattress felt like a cot, and the pillows were flat and smelly. To top if off, when I checked in, I found an ashtray with ashes and a cigarette butt in it! In short, the room was TERRIBLE!

The breakfast buffet was nice, with hot eggs, tortillas, sausage, and make-it-yourself waffles. I love those waffle makes! But, the breakfast does not make up for the room. I will not be going back.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2007

Stayed beginning of February 2007. The tiniest rooms. I got stuck in a room with a view of concrete. I was essentially right above the front lobby and no wireless Internet signal could be found in my room. I had to sit in the hallway in a chair to get a signal (along with all the people trying to get Internet). Staff unhelpful about Internet, and other things. I asked about it and they said it was the first they heard about it, but after speaking to everyone in the hallways trying to get signal I found out they had all complained too. Cell phone reception horrible in my room. I had to stand on a chair next to the window to get one bar. The breakfast is basically some juice out of a machine, bread stuff, and over waxed apples. Did not enjoy my stay, and can't get over how tiny the rooms are. I don't recommend this property.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2007

The best place i have stayed. Great price for what you get. Beautiful, clean, large suite. Happy hour and free hot breakfast. Nothing better! Very good place to stay, highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family