“Great choice for the week”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham EL Paso Airport
Ranked #21 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
El Paso, TX
“Great choice for the week”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I had a great stay at this hotel for 9 days after finding through www.priceline.com. Located in central El Paso and close to airport but airplane and car noise is minimal. Staff was friendly, especially Cassie, who gave me and other guests the news that there was no hot water (arriving at 10pm on Friday night). She did a great job managing the situation and expectations. Thanks - I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I was facing east and it was quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
GMHawthornSuites, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham EL Paso Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your understanding about a situation that was beyond our control at the time of your stay. I have passed along your comments regarding the service you received from our Front Desk Associate. We look forward to your return.
Happy Holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
MARFA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Your hotel was dirty. I was so disappointed. Stayed in room 354 I think. It had two mosquitoes flying around, I killed them. Also a moth. Also in the toilet paper when I unrolled to use a small cockroach fell out. Cockroach also in back elevator. Your elevators were slower than slow and the doors almost didn't open on the one closest to the front door. I've always loved Hawthorne but I will not go back to this hotel. It was beyond dirty.
Now for the breakfast...coffee pots were empty continuously, the person working the kitchen could not get the lead out of rear end. Ran out of food and people standing around waiting for her to show her face out of the kitchen where she hid continuously.
VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING STAY.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

GMHawthornSuites, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham EL Paso Airport, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
My sincere apologies to you and your family. We always want our customers to have a good experience. Your comments have been reviewed by me and addressed accordingly to other departments.
Should you care to give us another opportunity to better serve you, It would be my pleasure.
Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these El Paso hotels

LUBBOCK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stay at this hotel every month and I love it. Close to airport and convenient to lots of resteraunts and shopping. Staff is friendly and always willing to help.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for your review. We look forward to your return.
College Station
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

My busband, Ramon, booked the hotel stay for me, spouse Josephine and my daughter Debbie Fiske. We were extremely pleased w/ the location close to airport(flew in and would drive next morning to Ruidoso).
Concerns: The towels were old and stained. The fitness room(used by my daughter, who is a gym instructor) equipment was dated, also the pictures on wall('80s hair style and work out clothes ) There were no hand towels nor paper towels available, nor water available.
On the plus side: The breakfast was excellent! Mexican breakfast food, yogurt, cereal, bagels, etc. a very good balance.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

GMHawthornSuites, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham EL Paso Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Sorry that I missed this review, your comments were well taken. Up grades are on-going at the Hawthorn and new exercise equipment is in the plans. Normally we provide fresh clean gym towels daily and replenish when needed, also we provide sanitary hand wipes in the gym. The front desk provides complimentary bottled water for all of our guests and I am sorry that your needs were not met. We value your business and we are moving out of the 80's and already into the future! Look forward to your return.
Carlsbad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our stay at the Hawrthon Suites by Wyndham - El Paso was wonderful. The appearence of the location as we drove up was inviting. The check in process was fast and curtious. The rooms were exceptionally clean and the full breakfast the next morning was more than filling. Our over all expeirence at this location was fantastic and we will surely stay there again on our next visit.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

GMHawthornSuites, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham EL Paso Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
The Staff and Management of Hawthorn Suites El Paso thank you for your review comments.
Please be our Guest once again.
EL PASO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Everything was so nice and neat......people were very nice and courteous.... thank you for all of that...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for the "Awesome" review. We appreciate your positive comments.
Please come stay with us again.
Abilene, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

The word Suite is a joke and a bad one at best. The room I reserved was so small that the "opened the door and crawled across the bed" cliche applies. Their web site shows suites but their so called suites are 40% more expensive than their cracker barrell rooms. Place was clean but wi fi signal was almost non existent. Never again Wyndham for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I'm happy to report that the Wireless Internet has been restored to excellent coverage and I thank you for your patience.
I am very sorry that you did not get the room type that you requested; we certainly aim to please all of our customers.
Thank you for your comments.