“Great value in a safe area”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham EL Paso Airport
Ranked #34 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We stayed two nights at this hotel while our daughter was attending orientation for TTU. The property is older, but is in very good condition, with updated bedding, towels, and electronics. The breakfast is more than continental, with scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage (depending on the day), tortillas, refried beans, and potatoes available each day. Lots of military and Border patrol folks there, and we had a very quiet room on the east side of the building. The air conditioning held up under the heat, and we never heard a plane! A very nice stay-would recommend to anyone. Our room, 138, had some rust stains around the tub drain, which is the only complaint I can give. The wifi signal was wonderful!

Room Tip: rooms on the East and North side of the building will be cooler, but the view isn't as nice.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
GMHawthornSuites, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham EL Paso Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Thank you so much for your review. We are constantly working on updating our hotel! I am so glad you enjoyed breakfast. During such a hot summer, having proper air conditioning is a must! I am glad we were able to help you beat the heat! We hope to see you again!

Kailey Mendoza
Director of Sales

There are newer reviews for Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham EL Paso Airport

Reviewed July 11, 2011

Stayed over night for early flight. Good location next to airport. Rooms very clean, up dated but very small. Had two queen beds and not much room. Bathroom, nice a large with all the amenities. I think for the price, I would opt for another hotel with larger rooms.

Room Tip: Read and take heed to these reviews
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2011

The lady at the front desk double charged my husband AND myself after we asked to extend our stay an extra night. After we notices that we had BOTH been charged for the same room for different lengths of stay, the lady was very rude and not cooperative. Seeing how we were to check out very early the following morning we wanted to resolve the problem. At no point was the lady able to explain the difference between 'authorizing' a credit card and 'charging' which apparently were the same thing.
Be careful when extending your stay!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Lunatics106
Reviewed April 22, 2011

My grandson and I were traveling from Los Angeles to North Carolina and just called a few miles out of El Paso. I had been searching on the internet for some place to spend the night. We had been driving all day and were hungry and very tired. The gentlemen that answered the phone was very nice, said they had rooms, gave me the rates and we followed our GPS off I10 with no problems. The lady at the front desk was very friendly, quick check in and the hotel looked very clean and nice. I asked about a good place to eat which she suggested the Cattle Baron steakhouse in the same parking lot. We went to eat first, had an excellent meal and then took things up to our room. The room was very nice with 2 double bed, small fridge and very clean. The hotel was quiet and we got a good nights sleep, ready to hit the road next a.m. It was a great experience and would definitely stay again if ever in the area. Thank you!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SatisfiedtravelerApr
Reviewed March 27, 2011

This was my second time staying here. Not fancy, but a good value and excellent bed.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Found this hotel because most others were booked up, and on line it looked like a nice hotel. then I arrived, the lobby is dank and foul smelling...the decor is straight out of the 1980's, probably when the hotel was new. Rates were the same as all other larger chain hotels I have stayed at while in el paso, so I assumed the same quality. Was given a room at the far end of the hotel at the back, which seemed like it might be convenient becasue I could park right out side of the room. Security door was adjar when I went to open it, which would give anyone access whenever they wanted. All of the other rooms surrounding mine in the back of the hotel were all under removation, and had caution tape across them like I was walking into a crime scene. The carpets were filthy and the hallway smelled like mildew and filth. On opening the room, it appeared the smell continued in. Ancient furniture with scratches and dents, crammed into a small room, so close that the desk, dresser/TV stand, refigerator, and chair touched each other. Dirty walls, and a broken desk chair at the desk with a white stain on it, (see photo). Also found a soiled and soured washcloth dried on the shower curtain rod. Bath was so old that vinyl sheeting was stuck to the bottom to hide the stains and age. Bath itself was filthy, shower worked, but the hardened water on the head made the stream flaky at best, and to turn off the shower almost had to rip out the knob. Toilet ran ALL NIGHT every 5 minutes or so. Everything in the room was filthy and looked and felt sticky. Only stayed one night, didn't want to take any chances with the dicey cleanliness. Was told breakfast was served from 0700 to 1000, so showed up at 0950, and it was all cleaned up. All I could get was some non brand name cereal and some milk, and a cup of terrible coffee. Majority of the Gym's equipment was broken. Stay away from this place, for the same money you can get a far superior hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jerryp182
Reviewed December 17, 2010

This airport hotel has very friendly staff and a free airport shuttle. Thus end the positive comments. The hotel itself is in need of major updates. If there are suites, we did not get them. While the beds look nice, they are not very comfortable and the sheets are starchy. The room is very outdated and there is no wireless internet. Since the walls are paper-thin, you hear *everything* your neighbors do. The conference room we used was dark, dingy and quite frankly, ugly. They have an exercise room and the weight lifting equipment was unusable. Free breakfast is included but the quality of the food is mediocre at best. If you're traveling on business, do not stay here.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business