“Clean and comfortable”

La Quinta Inn & Suites El Paso West Bartlett
Ranked #39 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This place is quite clean and nice. The beds are comfy and although the area is kinda sketchy, I haven't had any problems. I've stayed here on countless occasions as I drive back in forth from Texas to Arizona and I keep coming back :)

• Stayed: August 2011

Reviewed March 12, 2011

We arrived late at night with our young children, two of whom are asthmatic. The room smelled horribly of smoke and had ash trays. The front desk said it was a nonsmoking room and they had no other rooms. We ended up at the La Quinta by the airport after my husband made the arrangements. Upon checking out he overheard the front desk person speaking in spanish saying it was a smoker's room!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Pros - Clean and comfortable room, king size bed was a great sleep, quiet and breakfast was tasty in the morning. Plenty of eating choices in the area around the hotel. Easy to get on and off I-10.

Cons - room said non-smoking, yet there were ashtrays and it had a slight odor.

Overall, I would stay here again. But know which one you are staying at, there is another La Quinta across the street.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2009

Was planning on staying for three nights, but checked out after 2. The first non smoking room they gave smelled like a smoker was still in the room. The second room they gave me had filthy carpet. After walking in the room for about 2 minutes the bottom of my socks were disgusting. When I told the front desk their comment was, "yes, we are aware of that and are working on it"!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2009

This hotel is okay for the money (our rate was $55.20 per night). We stay at LaQuinta when we travel because we travel with our dog and they allow her to stay in the hotel with us. This particular LaQuinta is not in par with what we are accustom to. The building itself seems to be of poor quality and workmanship. The ceiling in the hallway is a drop ceiling rather than plaster and the plaster ceiling in our first floor room was cracked and uneven.

We turned the heat on in our room when we arrived and by time we checked out the next morning the tempurature was still at only 69 degrees. 72 or 73 would have been nice. We were cold during the night because the bed linens were not quite long enough to cover up with.

The breakfast was a disappointment. No waffle maker, but premade waffles were available. The staff did not stock the food items very well. For instance, they would only put out two yogurts at a time and we had to ask for the cartons of milk. The selection of items available are very limited compared to the other LaQuintas we have stayed in. No coffee available after breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed September 3, 2007

We stayed several nights and each night when we returned our beds had been tidied and turned down (last time my bed was turned down for me I was on a cruise). The room had everything we needed. It was nice to have a wall thermostat instead of the usual "on the unit" one. The air conditioner worked great. I forgot my blow dryer and was glad the one they provided worked. The only downfall would have to be the noise from room to room - paper thin walls. Who needed a wake-up call, when the people beside us provided that each and every morning. Great location. They said they had security-and they did-I saw him a couple of times. Had a couple of room key issues but no big deal. Will stay again.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed July 17, 2007

Stopped over here on a Friday night on our way to Tucson. Interestingly, there's another La Quinta at this same exit off I-10, but this property is a converted Baymont Inn. Well maintained, neighborhood appeared to be reasonably safe (there was a guard shack at the entrance, but was not manned that night). Excellent rate through La Qunita's Weekend Impulse special. Quiet, A/C worked well, Wi-Fi was fast and reliable, and the staff was friendly. Would have stayed here on the way back through El Paso headed home, but they were booked up, so we stayed at an LQ on the other side of town. Continental breakfast was good, standard fare for most LQ's; popular too, almost overrun with families and kids, but that's typical this time of year.

Recommended, especially for the price.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank realkyhick