“no customer service at all!!!”

Red Roof Inn El Paso East
Ranked #37 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We've always styed at the red roof and had ok service, however, this time was very disappointing. We checked in at 11pm and only stayed one night but the person at the front desk failed to tell us that the next morning they would be having work done in their water pipes, causing the building to not have any water the next morning. My husband was in the middle of the shower when the water was cut off!! When we went to check out, the receptionist was rude and condescending, like if it was our fault for not knowing about the water situation. She had a horrible attitude and made us not want to stay there again. Not to mention the WIFI was extremely slow and with very poor connection. Very bad customer service, I doubt we'll be staying there ever again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Henryjoyce
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn El Paso East, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for your time and concerns in posting your recent review about our Hotel. I am very sorry that we did not inform you about our water situation during your stay. You are absolutely correct in pointing out how easy it would of been to tell you at check-in. I want you to know that because you have pointed this out to us,we are in a position to see that it doesn't happen again. I hope you will accept our apologies and reconsider Red Roof Inn for your future lodging needs.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn El Paso East

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have stayed at this Red Roof Inn quite a few times, and is the only place we will stay when going through El Paso. The value can't be beat. The rooms are clean and comfortable, nothing fancy, but perfect when what you need is a clean place to get some rest. It's a little hard to get to, very easy to miss the turn from the service road, and it's located directly behind a gentleman's club.
The staff if great - I have received better customer service from this Red Roof than i have at 5-star $450-a-night hotels. They are friendly and very willing to answer questions and make sure your stay is comfortable. Another perk is they are pet-friendly- many places don't want my dog to stay because of her breed, but the attitude of the red Roof chains is that any well-behaved pet is welcome.

Room Tip: The road is right next to the "gentleman's club" - when entering from gateway west, as...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Renee G
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn El Paso East, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. The staff is so pleased to know you think they are "Great". We vaule your time and look forward to taking care of you again.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Okay, I am going to try to be as unbiased as possible with my reviews in general so here ya go...
First off, the looks of the hotel, location, and overall service IS okay. The rooms have been newly renovated, the linen is clean, and the beds are comfy. It is located right off the highway so, easy access. However, the management may need to do some adjustments, here's why:

The first room we had smelled like an old hamburger. We were wondering why and then found the source. Two bags of McDonald's and a pizza box were sitting on top of the coat rack. Odd since the rest of the room was spotless. This brings me to one of two conclusions, 1) the cleaning staff needs to have an inservice about doing a final check after they clean each room so they don't overlook things like this or 2) Someone on staff decided to use the room for their lunch break. Either way, it grossed us out, so we went downstairs and complained and were immediately moved to another room. The man at the desk was helpful, efficient and apologetic so we felt okay about it....Until the next morning.

I was taking a shower and the water went from full, hot stream to drizzle, to NOTHING. NADA. ZILCH! And naturally, I had a fully soaped up body. LOL. Needless to say, I was peeved to have to use bottles of water to get the soap off. That did it for us. There was no redeeming quality left.

The only reason I am giving a rating of average is because they did comp our room so we paid nothing for our stay, and the rooms are pretty decent. Perhaps our experience was just bad. However, I won't be returning to test this theory.

Management, please give your patrons a courtesy call if you are going to be shutting off the water supply. It's unprofessional and you lose money if you have to comp people when they complain of having no water. A simple phone call would have been nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TheRadiantForce

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our Inn. Thanks for noticing our Newly Renovated Inn and the clean linen, as well as the "comfy" beds. Many guest have commented on our easy access to I-10. I have spoken with the entire staff about the issues you encounterd and we have taken measures to correct them all.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

On edge of city, so quieter, safer. Room was clean, large, comfortable. Alfonso quickly switched our room after the first smelled of cigarette smoke. Beautiful sunset view
of Juarez from 3rd floor. Best of all, GREAT rate! Only problem was getting to the
hotel, as signage seemed lacking. Hint: take frontage road immediately after
exiting I-10. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn El Paso East, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for taking your time write a review about out Hotel. We were happy to know that you found us on the edge of East El Paso, and enjoyed the view of our West Texas sunset. We offer great rates on all of our rooms. Many of our guest appreciate the quite and safe location we offer. Hope to see again in El Paso.

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Traveling freight expediter who has stayed here many times over the years. The staff are always friendly and professional. Room is always fresh and clean. Centrally located for just about anything you want to do. I've never had a complaint in all these years of frequented this place. I highly recommend. Awesome place at awesome rate.

• Stayed: January 2013
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn El Paso East, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for choosing El Paso-East. We know that you have many choices in our area, and the fact that you make us yours everytime means we are doing are job. The staff appreciates your acknowledgments. We are looking forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I am still impressed by this particular Red Roof Inn. The room was so clean and modern, and the bed and quality of rest was top notch. We stayed in hotels twice the price all through a cross-country road trip--and I have to say honestly that this hotel ranks just as high as these other hotels. For one, it was an indoor hotel, not a motel which makes it classier than other Red Roof Inns. Second, everything in the room was new--TV, bed, linens, and all interior decor. Third, it was SUPER CLEAN. I even found some of the fancier hotels weren't the cleanest, but this one was perhaps the cleanest on this trip. Fourth, they had an elevator and a cart for our luggage. and fifth, totally quiet. I'm real picky about cleanliness, oder (like the smell of smoke), and sound--and this hotel had all three. Fifth, it was only $60 with all fees and taxes, making it $40--$50 less than the other hotels we stayed at. Sixth, it was in a very safe part of town. Its location on the interstate, with nothing else around it or only one road to get there would make it very difficult for crooks to travel there to rip off things from cars.

Room Tip: Just as good if not better than a $100 hotel nearby. One of the cleanest hotels I stayed at, and the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I believe your 6 points and the Room Tip are the best we have ever had. The entire staff was so proud to know that you found everything immaculate. I hope to have you return soon and will consider the Red Roof Brand througout your future travels.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of this room, which was very inexpensive. The bed was comfortable and the room looked like it had been renovated recently. There's free Wifi and no fee for pets. We'd definitely stay again if we're passing through El Paso.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

I read your review this morning and I wanted to let you know, that we have been recently renovated. Our staff was pleased to know that you noticed and were happy you found a great value in the quality of your room. Our beds our new too. Thank you for taking the time to let us know. We all look forward to serving your again.