“Beware of Alfonso”

Red Roof Inn El Paso East
Ranked #41 of 83 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Checked in late at night after 12 hours of driving.
Room was dirty, bed cover full of stain. It was obvious the room have not been cleaned for a while...
Cigarettes ashes on the floor and on the phone, triggered us to call the manager on duty, Alfonso,
to inform him that someone, prior to us, was smoking in the room and that we do not want to be responsible for it.
Alfonso came up to check our complaint, and yelled at that we were the one to smoke in the room.
After he threw us out of the hotel to the street in the middle of the night, the hotel had the nerves to charge us for a night stay...
Do not stay there if you have any other choice!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank RafaelTal
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn El Paso East, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

We regret that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Please understand that we are a 100% Smoke-Free Hotel, and smoking is not permitted in our Rooms. All guest are informed of this policy at check-in and sign before check-in. We must inforce all policies equally to the benefit of all.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Staff was great. Parking was good for my truck (expiditor) Beds comfortable, toilet loose, SMALL bathroom. floors have laminate planking to look like wood floors, very pretty but looked like it was not mopped in months, Kept our socks on....We had ground floor outdoor access to parking lot which we liked and asked for. I went out after dark to take photos of Mexico across the way and felt safe. (I am female) the price was good for what you got.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn El Paso East, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

The staff was very happy to know you were pleased with the service they provided. We are always pleased to know you felt safe at our location. Thank you for taking your time to posted your review about our location. I hope you will continue to use Red Roof Inn for your lodging needs in the future.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

So when I first walked in I thought it was great, Had just driven for 14 hours in a moving truck so I couldn't wait to sleep. The man working the desk was helpful and nice (Asked why I was traveling, which I did not like-thought that was odd), but I found that the people who were walking in at TWO a.m. were very VERY shady...It was only men, coming in alone with fancy cars. We got up to the third floor where our room was and the hallway smelled literally like dog poop, straight up dog poop. We get into the room and they are nice updated rooms, but then I walk over to the desk area to throw out my cup when I realize the maid didn't put a new garbage bag in, she just dumped the garbage out because there were pieces of a blunt in there and a piece of pot on the desk. Then I look up and realize there is no smke detector in the room, just wires hanging from the wall where it should be located. Even worse, I look over at the ironing board and it looked like it had blood on it, there was this stain all over it...

After 20 minutes of laying in bed, scared for my life...there was a noise that came from the hallway where it sounded like someone was being pushed against the wall. I honestly did not sleep a minute that night, it was a terrible night.

Worst hotel experience I have ever had, I have never felt as unsafe as I did that night. (I'm sure it didn't help I am a 25 year old female either)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn El Paso East, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

I have just read your review from your stay with us , and I want you to know that we apoloize for the condition of your room. In put from concerned guest, like you afford us the opportunity to correct these issues. We have corrected these issues. Thank you for your time and concern. I hope you will consider to use Red Roof Inn for your future lodging needs.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Soon as I walked in the check in staff greated me & made me feel welcomed. The young gentlmen was informative and was friendly. He showed what great customer service is all about. The prices for the room are affordable. Hotel rooms were very spacious and clean. I like the location. Had many places to choose from.... Would recommend and come back..

• Stayed: March 2013
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn El Paso East, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your time in posting your review. We appreciate knowing that you were pleased with the service and your stay with us. I hope to hear from you again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

You have been warned. Read the bad reviews.

The night people at the front desk were awesome though. They gave me great directions and advice! They were super friendly.

I stayed here two nights. I didn't sleep the first night because the heater was annoying and kept coming on. The fan wouldn't stay on or off. It kept waking me up every 10 minutes. I figured it out the next night...sleep in the cold. The wifi wouldn't work in my room. I was on the phone with tech support SIX times! And the problem STILL wasn't solved. I needed wifi to book my NEXT hotel instead of this one. Luckily, I went to Starbucks!

Oh, my nightmare isn't over. I had a do not disturb sign hanging on my door ALL DAY LONG and the cleaning staff STILL entered my room and changed my towels. I was trying to do my part for the environment and reuse my towels! And I had expensive equipment in the room (nothing missing or disturbed), but it is the principle of the thing. If the "do not disturb" sign is hanging, DON'T COME IN!!!! I could be naked...having sex...or whatever! DON'T DISTURB ME! (or the room) No Moleste!

When I went to complain to the front desk on a Friday night, he said "they have to change your towels! It doesn't matter if you have the do not disturb sign!" Um...NO they don't. When I insisted on complaining, he gave me the manager's business card, but I would have to wait until Monday morning to speak with him/her (I can't remember).

SO, I called Red Roof Inn 800 number. On Friday evening, I spoke with a reservation manager. Unfortunately, there was nothing she could do for me, but she was VERY nice and cooperative and apologetic. She said that besides speaking with the hotel manager (on Monday), I could call Customer Relations and complain...and I would have to wait until 9:00 Monday morning.

SO, DON'T EXPECT ANY RESOLUTION FROM RED ROOF INN OVER THE WEEKEND!!! AND YOUR HOTEL ROOM AND BE ENTERED AT ANY TIME BY THE STAFF! NO RESPECT

Red Roof Inn has lost a customer for life! I will never stay at a Red Roof Inn again.

Just stay elsewhere. There are plenty of cheap hotels in El Paso (and everywhere else). Stay away!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Will M
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn El Paso East, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Thank you for your time in posting your review. We are glad that you found the front desk staff, "awesome". We regret your experience with your room. We have used your input to make the necessary corrections. I hope you will reconsider using Red Roof Inn for your future lodging needs.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I've been a returning customer for over a year. With a special "Thank you" to Dean for setting up my reservation and room accommodation on top floor. I traveled into El Paso on a very busy holiday weekend. Experienced another awesome stay!!
Lupe Campos

• Stayed: December 2012
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn El Paso East, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

I wanted to thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. It is so important for us to know we are doing our job well. Dean was very happy to know he was able to make your stay a good one.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a clean quite place to stay from a 16 hours of driving on I-10. We saw the sign for the Red Roof Inn and new it was a well known place and the price on the sign was $39 which was great and they had free wifi. However when we got there the night desk person told us they had 1 single room left and it was $57. Being tried and not wanting to drive any longer we took it. I ask the clerk if there was password for the wifi and he said that the single rooms did not have wifi, but that I could come down stairs and us the station in the lobby. I also inquired about a laundry on the premisses, they did not have one. When I asked about the closes one the clerk could not tell were one was, now mind you this is an Inn and most Inn's have laundry facilities on the premisses. The room was clean however there is no coffee maker, no hair drier, no iron or board, and there is no mini fridge. Again this is an Inn and most Inn's have these amenities in every room. Over all the room was quite and clean, however the night clerk was not very friendly or helpfull and not worth the price.

Room Tip: Do your homework before you make reservations here.