“Good Customer service Rock bottom price”

Red Roof Inn El Paso East
Ranked #40 of 83 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I love to go out of town when I can but due to my job I can not go to far, As my wife an I where at the Bj's Bar & grill we passed by the Red Roof inn which was not far and who had shockingly a king size bed for 52.99 on a Friday night. We thought we would have a good time at the movies then a really good time back at the bar at that price. We went in and an employee by the name of Dean who was super polite and courteous hooked us up with what we wanted for the night. Also the rooms where very clean and still a king size bed, I thought maybe I got over on these poor people. Are stay was very pleasant then we gas up at the walmart 2 lights down on the service road the next day. What more could you ask for, good people, nice room, low prices.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank James G

Reviewed September 7, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel for the past six years. All the people working there are great, they make sure that in that are no problems with the room and if there is anything wrong they make it wright. I would recamend this hotel to anyone out in that are to stay with them.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank cowboy696969
Reviewed August 16, 2011

The rooms were clean and a good $ value etc. It is the staff that is most impressive. They went out of their way to make me feel welcomed and at each contact I was greeted with a BIG SMILE. I will be back

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank cjaHumble_Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I was recently driving a rental truck cross country & had to have repairs done in El Paso. The Red Roof Inn was right next door - so I was kind of a captive guest. I was pleasantly surprised at the high quality of the staff, the comfortable furnishings, and the great price. Not a vacation spot, but a nice place to stay along Interstate 10 in El Paso.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Mike_TV_Producer
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Stayed here for one night while driving with my mom & 2 cats cross country. Needed a place that would take pets -- they do, for no additional fee. Hotel has rooms that are accessed inside/ via indoor hallways -- & also some rooms on the first floor that are accessed from the outside. We picked the latter because we could park right in front of the room & carry the cats & stuff right inside.

- hotel is quiet -- despite being on freeway access road.
- hotel is on a bit of a rise, so you do have a nice view back across El Paso & into Juarez
- room was clean & basic -- not the newest but not too dated either
- staff were friendly
- located on the east edge of El Paso -- literally -- just 5 min drive further east & you're out of the city. Easy freeway access.
- near a big shopping area with lots of stores & lots of restaurants -- so plenty of choices for eating out
- yeah, there is a "gentlemens club" (strip club) nearby but it's a non-issue. Just an enclosed box building with its own parking lot. Not a problem.

I'd stay here again esp if traveling with pets .

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank hibachi
Reviewed September 1, 2010

I noticed that the poor reviews on this hotel were from over a year ago, and that the 5+ ratings were all recently. I took a gamble and opted to stay here, thinking that the discrepency in reviews was due to the hotel getting a makeover. Boy was I happy to be right! As we drove east through town, I was looking at some of the others that I had considered -- the Best Westerns, the Hampton Inn, and a few others. Icky part of town, in my opinion, and we were glad to keep driving. I had never been to El Paso before, and was pleasantly surprised that as we got closer to the hotel, the neighborhood seemed a lot nicer. The hotel itself is located in a quiet industrial area, about <8 mi. east of downtown. Yes, there IS a strip club at the end of the block, but you don't pass it getting to the hotel, and you don't pass it going into town to get food or anything. Either way, it looks from the back like one of the "nicer" clubs.

On the advice of another review, I asked for a room away from the I-10 (noise). I'm kind of kicking myself now, because the noise wouldn't have been that bad, PLUS I missed out on a view of Juarez across the way (yes, it IS right there). We felt safe in this location, and it was near some restaurants. By the time we decided to eat, it was after 9, and Famous Dave's was the only place we could find that was open. They were very friendly and the food was great!

So, apparently Red Roof listened to the masses and updated their hotel. I will assume they've updated the entire hotel, but I didn't see any other rooms but ours. It's not a "luxury" hotel by any stretch, but the area is nice, the room is big and spacious (we booked the "Superior King" room, complete w/a little business 'alcove'), and it's just perfect for a stop through El Paso. If you want a nice room for a great price, and can do without turndown service, then this is the place for you! I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelinFools66
Reviewed June 26, 2010

The location could be better, it's right behind a 'gentlemen's club', but the parking lots are separated. The clientele is about what you'd expect from an inexpensive freeway motel in El Paso, but the rooms are new and clean, the internet was fast, service was friendly and our stay was pleasant. If every roadside hotel was this good and this cheap I'd be ecstatic. The bathrooms are tiny, be forewarned, but the rooms are large and have a nice desk setup with a comfortable chair.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple