“overall a good stay, but room was not ready when i checked...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham El Paso Airport
Ranked #7 of 81 Hotels in El Paso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Clean, simple, well-maintained, and just outside El Paso airport. Free shuttle van to/from airport and local restaurants. Hotel staff very pleasant and helpful. Hotel breakfast is fairly good (except for weak coffee). My single room (#316) had a comfortable king bed, and the room climate control worked well. The room was fine for one person, but would be cramped for two adults.

My single room faced a busy road, but night-time noise was light and easily masked by A/C fan.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side (odd-numbered) face away from nearby busy road. I found the room A/C fan masked...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
MicrotelAirport1, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham El Paso Airport, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us with a review about your recent stay in our hotel. My staff and I were pleased to hear you felt our property was well maintained and clean. We were especially happy to hear that you thought our staff was very pleasant and helpful. I want you to know that we do offer larger rooms should you be traveling with someone else the next time you stay with us which I hope will be very soon. Thank you again for your time and happy trails to you!
Dufur, Oregon
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Finding the hotel was a trick as it is so close to the airport that you feel like you will be at the arrival gate an there it is on the left. The property is well maintained and the staff was friendly an efficient. I had a single queen room; very efficient use of space! Felt a little like a dorm room, but very functional and clean. Breakfast the next morning was OK and again the staff was on top of everything.
I highly recommend the queen room for one person and overnight. I would get a bit claustrophobic if I stayed with another person or more than a day.

Room Tip: The third floor even rooms have a peek over the trees and not too much airport noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for you review on your recent stay in our hotel, we were glad to hear you
felt our hotel was well maintained and our staff friendly and efficient. We are also glad that you "get" what we are all about, providing clean and comfortable accommodations for a price that is surprisingly affordable and we hope that you will continue to choose Microtel Inn & Suites wherever your travels may take you.
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised by this place, especially after reading some of the reviews. Yes it is a small hotel (only 2 floors)and the rooms are not large, but the services far outweigh any of those factors. We had a room with two queen size beds. The beds were very, very comfortable, we had cable and free wifi. The breakfast, which begins at 4 am (fantastic!) was very good, much better than some of the places I have been to. We were just driving passing through El Paso, so just stayed overnight, but the room rate was excellent. The room was very clean and modern.
Finally I must give a shout out to the very, very nice lady who checked us in when we arrived at 6 pm (I never got her name, but she was a nice blonde lady). She was very helpful with finding a place to order Chinese food in, gave me a menu to order from a Chinese restaurant with really good food, even helped me to get plates and silverware to eat of of. She needs to get a raise!
I recommend this place to anyone who is not looking for fancy, but is looking for comfy, clean, with great service. Also extremely close to the airport.
P.S. Yes, the AC unit was a bit loud in the room, but didn't bother us, and yes the noise from the 3 planes that we heard was loud, but also not enough to complain about. I would definitely stay here again. The window seat was neat!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Wow! Thank you so much for the great review on your recent stay in our hotel, I will be sure to share it with my staff. I was so happy to learn you plan on staying with us again, thank you again for your review and I look forward to serving you again very soon.
Ruidoso
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We always stay at this hotel when flying in or out of El Paso and have had very good experiences there. Rooms are small but clean and easy to use with space for luggage. Breakfast is ok and it is a short walk to the Wyndham for very good meals.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

MicrotelAirport1, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham El Paso Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay in our hotel and for making Microtel Inn & Suites - Airport your hotel of choice when you are in El Paso, Texas. I will be sure to let the staff at the Wyndham next door know that you also enjoy their restaurant. Thank you again and safe travels to you and yours!