“Large, clean, quiet room”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham El Paso Airport
Ranked #5 of 83 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I booked a stay at this hotel even though the reviews were not glowing. We were greeted immediately upon arrival. The room had two queen beds and a settee by the window. It was roomy with a desk area. Even though it is a minute to the airport, we did not hear a single plane all night. The trip was made to take our grandson to the airport, so the shuttle took us to the airport and returned us to our room. We could not have asked for better treatment. The continental breakfast was also sufficient, what more could you ask for at 4 a.m. I will stay here again when returning to El Paso.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
MicrotelAirport1, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham El Paso Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Thank you for your positive comments on our hotel. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,071)

Reviewed November 16, 2011

This Microtel is the ONLY place I stay when I fly in and out of El Paso Airport. Microtel has a shuttle to and from the airport which is three minutes away. The rates are very reasonable and the rooms are clean, fresh smelling (no smoking on the two first floors), and the beds are comfortable, The staff is pleasant and helpful. Their breakfast bar has a delicious selection of fresh fruit, cereals, waffles, danish, juices and coffee or tea. etc. I have stayed in other Inns in various states, but was impressed that this El Paso Inn uses real dishes and cereal bowls, no paper plates. It seems that Sabrina is always there, and when I call to reserve a room, she knows my preferences for the lst floor, as I cannot climb stairs well. If you have a booking problem, need area locations, quick ride over to the airport, whatever, she is the one who will get it taken care of immediately. She is a professional desk manager, always with a smile, who really makes you feel at home. Although this may not be a major resort, it certainly is the best place to begin or end your trip.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. It's feedback from guests like you that make our jobs meaningful. We hope to have many more opportunities to accommodate your needs in the future. I have shared your compliments with Sabrina, who has been a Microtel associate for the last 9 years. She sends her regards, and we are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

I travel almost every week. I am at the Microtel in El Paso TX every couple of months. The hotel is clean and the people are very helpful. One of the guys, Edward, always knows my preference of floor, room, etc and has me ready to check in.

Also, the hotel is a great value for the money.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
MicrotelAirport1, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham El Paso Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Edward and I were so happy to see your review, thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

This is my third buisness trip here this year I travel 3 weeks a month all around America, One reason I chhose this Hotel is its great Staff Edward at the front desk particular. The day Managers are always helpful, their dry cleaning service(same day) is great and not too expensive, Free wi-fi, and Good breakfast. Only downside dont have the History chanel or A&E.. I can live with that maybe by my next trip here they will have added it.

Room Tip: Book mini suite no frills bit comfortable and clean
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to share your experience with us. While we are currently unable to provide the cable channels you prefer, I hope we can continue to make your stay with us an enjoyable experience. It's returning guests like you, especially those whose jobs require them to travel extensively, that make us strive to do our best to make you feel comfortable. We hope to have many more opportunities to accommodate your needs, and hopefully some of your wants in the future.

Reviewed September 27, 2011

Microtel Inn & Suites @ the El Paso Airport is a great place to stay when you visit El Paso. The empolyees make you feel like you are at home. You are treated like you are the only person staying there. The facility is very clean and well kept. I travel for business, and it is like home away from home!!!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are very clean and comfortable.
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Although the room was small, the amenities were huge. Obviously, while designing this motel, careful consideration was given to the needs of each guest. The bed/pillows were clean and comfortable. The built-in desk was perfect for catching up on paperwork and offered adequate space. The permanent nightlight in the bathroom was a bonus and reflected not only light, but the apparent careful attention to detail. The close proximity to the airport allowed for an easy stroll when opting to forego the convenient courtesy transportation. All in all, this motel had it all ... easy access to the airport, clean/comfortable accommodations, and a friendly staff. Yes, this was a great room for a bargain price!

Reviewed September 20, 2011

This is a very small hotel. The positives, it is within walking distance to the airport, conveniently located to many restaurants and the military base, and front desk was helpful.
The breakfast was just average, not too much variety. The rooms smelled and the odor was very unappealing, I actually switched rooms after 1 hour, 1 based on the smell and 2 based on the size of the room I was in. The suite they put me in had the exact same odor, ugh. The beds were awful, extremely hard. Almost felt like I was sleeping on the floor. There are many other hotels to choose from in that area for me to return. Oh and the walls were very thin, I could hear my neighbors TV like it was in my own room.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite.
2  Thank Laura_R