“Great room for a bargain price”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham El Paso Airport
Ranked #6 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
Sebring, Florida
“Great room for a bargain price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

Although the room was small, the amenities were huge. Obviously, while designing this motel, careful consideration was given to the needs of each guest. The bed/pillows were clean and comfortable. The built-in desk was perfect for catching up on paperwork and offered adequate space. The permanent nightlight in the bathroom was a bonus and reflected not only light, but the apparent careful attention to detail. The close proximity to the airport allowed for an easy stroll when opting to forego the convenient courtesy transportation. All in all, this motel had it all ... easy access to the airport, clean/comfortable accommodations, and a friendly staff. Yes, this was a great room for a bargain price!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
North Carolina, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

This is a very small hotel. The positives, it is within walking distance to the airport, conveniently located to many restaurants and the military base, and front desk was helpful.
The breakfast was just average, not too much variety. The rooms smelled and the odor was very unappealing, I actually switched rooms after 1 hour, 1 based on the smell and 2 based on the size of the room I was in. The suite they put me in had the exact same odor, ugh. The beds were awful, extremely hard. Almost felt like I was sleeping on the floor. There are many other hotels to choose from in that area for me to return. Oh and the walls were very thin, I could hear my neighbors TV like it was in my own room.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite.
2 Thank Laura_R
Northwood, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

the room was small, but it was exceptionally clean, had a great continental breakfast and their staff was more then helpful. They didnt have a sewing kit there when i needed one, so Edward, one of the front desk attendants, went out of his way to get me one! whenever i made a request, they all seemed very happy to help me. It was nice being in a new city for a week and having them make me feel like i was at home. Super comfy bed! Transportation service that was also willing to take me to local restaurants and pick me up.

It was cheaper than most of the other hotels in the area as well. Perfect place to stay if you are working at Fort Bliss. Right next to the airport in a very safe area. when i return, i will be staying there again. My only complaint was that there was no mini fridge in the rooms unless you had a suite.

Overland Park, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

I stayed here August 22, 2011 while passing through El Paso on a road trip. This hotel is in serious need of renovation or at the very least a fresh coat of paint in the rooms. It is disgustingly outdated. The walls were scary. During check-in, I offered my credit card for their file, but they would not take it because I booked with hotels.com. Later, I ordered room service from the Wyndam next door, but the front desk called me down for a credit card after I had gotten my food. I was slightly frustrated with the inept service. When I pulled back the sheets on the bed I found a hair and two small flying bugs. I have no idea how they got there as the window was not open. But, as I came in late and had already had my shower and was wearing my pajamas, I decided to stay. I slept on one side of the bed the whole night and did not sleep well. You should be aware that there is no pool and you are not allowed to use the Wyndam's next door even though you can get room service from there. I booked on hotels.com and was deceived about how far it was from highway I-10. It is near the airport. There is another Microtel about 5 miles up I-10 from this exit that looked newer and had cheaper posted rates. The person with whom I spoke from hotels.com should have informed me about the other location. He said that this one had a 90% rating but I don't believe it. If you are on a tight budget and are coming through the airport I can see why you might stay here, but if you are driving through El Paso on I-10 and need to stop for the night it is not worth it.

Room Tip: I was in a 1 queen bed room. Maybe there are better rooms, but do not stay in that one.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Hempstead, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

The service was fine, however, the room accomadations were lacking.I recently booked a hotel through Expedia to Microtel Inn and Suites in El Paso, TX on Airway Blvd. My requests were very specific in which I requested a handicap accessible room with an open shower and 2 queen beds. Expedia did book that room but unfortunately, you are not aware of the discomfort of this room. I just wanted to bring it to your attention so that perhaps someone should re-visit accommodations that are made for people with disabilities. First of all, it was not a suite. It was one room with all the other specifications. Keeping that in mind, there was limited space in which the person in the wheelchair was able to maneuver in. This was of great discomfort to everyone involved in this trip. Not only that; to access the building, the doors were not automatic, thus limiting the person with the disability to have to wait for the door to be opened. As an advocate for people with disability, I would suggest that someone actual go out and assess the hotel(from the eyes of the disabled) before stating that it is handicapp accessible.
Respectfully submitted,
Mrs. M. Mason
a dissatisfied customer

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Mason1012
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

This is a very basic hotel, for the price you cant go wrong.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

Rooms are small. But it worked for us as we were there to sleep and shower. Busy with family in town and doing last minute site seeing before we left El Paso. Front desk clerk Sabrina was AWESOME!! Took care of a weird smell in room, was able to check us in a little early and was always smiling,knowledgeable and positive. Breakfast is adequate for a morning start. Bagels, waffle maker, oatmeal, cereals, boiled eggs, danishes, OJ, coffee, breads for toasting. Not fancy but enough to choose from for 4 days. No pool, or fitness. Sleep and shower!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family