Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham El Paso Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport(El Paso)(Great Value!)
$76
$139
$103
$97
$146
$133
Doubletree.com
El Paso Marriott(El Paso)
$180
  • Pool
$137
$119
GardenInn.com
$102
Residence Inn El Paso(El Paso)
$149
$129
Hotels.com
$42
Motel 6
1,095 results
All reviewsel paso airportan early flighthard boiled eggsrooms are smallroom was cleanwafflesbiscuits and gravyroom servicecontinental breakfastconvenient locationwithin walking distancerental carthird floorshuttle servicenice staystaff was friendlyparking lot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Room clean, staff friendly, but too close to the airport. Loud plane noise constantly, and very poor soundproofing between room, so if the planes are not keeping you awake, the screaming child next door is! Breakfast selection was poor. A good value at $15/night, but no more than that!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank whiskmagic
Reviewed March 30, 2011

This was the smallest room that I've ever stayed in. I wanted inexpensive, clean, and close to the airport, and it delivered all three. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful when I tried to get a new phone cord, as my phone was inoperable upon arrival.

The bed was very firm, the pillows were marginal, and the walls were very thin with television noise from the other rooms making it hard to go to sleep. The room is so small the the air conditioner is about a foot from the bed, great for cooling, and the tiny room cools off quickly, but the A/C is very noisy in such a small room

The shuttle was waiting for us, or it would have been quicker to walk than to take th shuttle, the hotel is that close! It was great to roll out of bed, and be at the ticket counter in about two minutes.

I might stay at the hotel again, but I'll definitely see what a few more dollars would get me in sleep quality.

Room Tip: Choose a bigger room than their standard single
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank 82nd_Airborne
Reviewed February 3, 2011

We had a mini-suite which was great for our 2 year old daughter. (She is very active). The beds were great and the shower was awesome- water pressure and temperature! We've both been traveling lately, together and separately, and this was the best hotel we've had in a few months.
The breakfast was good- pastries, cereal, juice, eggs, and waffles. True to form for the state, the waffles were big and in the shape of Texas.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2011

I met my husband at the Microtel Inn and Suites for the weekend (January 28-31, 2011) as he was laying over there in between job assignments. We stayed in a regular room. The room was VERY small, not sure what the suites are like. I'm not sure what size the bed was, it seemed between full and queen. It didn't seem as big as my queen bed at home. The room was clean and the bed linens were clean (we asked them to change everything out). However, the sheets on the bed looked very worn (thin) and old. There was free wireless internet in the room and also a computer with internet access and printer in the lobby area for guest use. The room was very brown. (dark brown carpet in a print, dark brown drapes with a different print). The t.v. is up on top of the closet /cabinet so you have to either sit in the chair and look up at it or lay in the bed to watch it. This hotel is very convenient to the aiport, resonably priced, and okay just for a brief layover. It was hard to be cooped up in that little room for too long. I wouldn't suggest it for a romantic getaway.

The hotel staff was very accommodating and friendly. (One of the desk clerks even helped me spring my surprise arrival on my husband when I got there which was funny.) They provided free shuttle service around the area and if only one person was on duty at the desk, shuttle service was provided by the Wyndham Hotel next door. Room service is also provided by the Wyndham Hotel and could be charged to your room. The Wyndham shuttled us to a restaurant about 10 miles in to town for dinner one night and returned to pick us up when we finished dinner and called them. (We didn't want to venture out too far because of El Paso's close proximity to the Mexican border town of Juarez and all the violence there.) There is no guest laundry facility at the Microtel but, we were allowed to use the laundry facility at the Wyndham hotel.

The Microtel provided a nice complimentary buffet style breakfast./snack (waffles, muffins, pastries, boiled eggs, fruit, juice, milk, and coffee). We also had a couple of meals at the Wyndham while we were there which were pretty good.

I think that this hotel is owned by the Wyndham Hotels now. If so, The Wyndham should update the rooms a little and invest in better sheets for the beds. A laundry facility on site would be a great convenience also. I know that the Microtel isn't meant to be as luxurious as the Wyndham Hotel for the price that you pay but, a few changes would make it much more appealing.

The friendly and accommodating staff was the highlight of my weekend stay at The Microtel Inn and Suites, El Paso Airport. Thanks for the great friendly service.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Microtel Inn and Suites El Paso Airport for one night before our 7 a.m. departure at the El Paso Airport. For convenience and a decent room rate, you can't beat the Microtel. The inn is literally an easy five-minute walk from the terminal, and they offer a free shuttle, too.

Our room was small, with one queen bed and a bathroom. There wasn't much room for anything else in the room. I wouldn't stay here for several days if you're going to be cooped up in the room, but for our needs it was perfect.

A good continental breakfast was ready at 4 a.m., earlier than most other places we have stayed. This was a real plus, since we left the hotel at 5:30 a.m.

The only downside was that our room was located on the first floor very near the lobby and opposite the elevator and ice machine. If we stayed again, I'd ask for a room further removed from the commotion associated with such a public gathering spot. Guests coming in after we had gone to bed awoke me several times during the night with trips to the ice machine and with their conversations while they waited for the elevator.

Nothing fancy, just good, clean digs, decent continental breakfast, and great location near the airport.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple