“Outstanding customer service”

Ranked #10 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Outstanding customer service”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

There were many aspects of our stay at this property that we liked, none more so than the customer service, which was extraordinary. The staff and manager were friendly and looked after us very well.

The public rooms and spacious guest rooms were tastefully decorated in warm tones. The snacks and meals available for purchase were delicious, if a little bit pricey. The chocolate-peanut butter cookies are large and outstanding, and the gourmet pizzas - especially the veggie flatbread pizza - are fabulous. You get what you pay for.

The wifi was fast, free, and reliable.

The breakfast area is much too small for the size and popularity of this property. It was often very crowded in the room where the food was, and there were barely sufficient places for people to eat in the outer lobby area. That would be my biggest recommendation to the property - to rethink the layout of the breakfast.

The variety of items on the breakfast buffet was good, but not great. I had stayed before at a Hyatt House and was thinking that the breakfast at Hyatt Place would be similar, but it's not. Hyatt Place has gourmet breakfast sandwiches and on alternating days, pancakes, waffles, or french toast. These are presented in small pans, which need to be refilled often, and it didn't seem as if the kitchen could keep up.

The rest of the buffet items didn't seem to change much at all - juices, grapefruit slices, oatmeal, minidonuts, cold cereal, and english muffins or toast. The coffee is fine, not great.

It's included in the price of the room, but some days we ended up just eating out - there's an International House of Pancakes almost next door, and a Denny's not too far up the street (though the Denny's is a bit of a disappointment). And there's a Target across the highway, where you can stock up on breakfast items if you just want to eat in your room. (There's a refrigerator in each room, and you can request a microwave.

This is a perfectly fine place to stay near the airport, for a few nights. We ended up staying about a week and a half, and for that long a stay, I'd recommend staying elsewhere with a full kitchen, and where you can do laundry, if not in the room, than in a laundry room in the hotel (I had to drive about 20 minutes each way to a grim laundromat.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank diploconcierge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Dundas, Minnesota
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Place El Paso Airport in late December. The room was clean as far as I could tell, but I would have liked an option when it came to drinking glasses. Granted real glasses are nicer, but I wondered about if the ones in our room were clean. I know Marriotts have been switching over to offer both the real glasses and the plastic cups, which while not fancy, are in the plastic wrap and are clean.

The shuttle from ELP took a while to arrive, and only after we called, but that seems to be standard with Hyatt Place, so it was to be expected. The staff was professional and courteous. The breakfast in the morning had fewer options than what I expected, but the staff told me that it was because I was there on a weekend. If I were to visit during the week, things would have been better. I find that a little odd, but that's what they said.

Overall, it's an adequate hotel. It certainly served me well for the one night I stayed there. If I were staying longer in El Paso though, I may have looked at other options, depending on price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
milwaukee
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The breakfast was excellent. The general building and certainly our room were very nice. We enjoyed having a light supper at the 24 hour cafe. The location of this hotel was not ideal, but it was not bad unless one was expecting it to be next to the airport. It was somewhat in the middle of nowhere, but we came by car and this was not a problem for us. What was a problem was being stuck in an isolated room down some staff corridor, supposedly in response to our request for quiet; lots of banging until the end of the evening as staff went about their work.

Room Tip: Be assertive.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This was my first experience with a Hyatt Place Hotel. I've stayed plenty of times at the more upscale Hyatt properties.

The room and property: The room was very nice and clean. Nice design, modern, and clean. The bed was really comfortable. The only bed available was a double bed, and sadly it's a true double and not queen, so I was a little concerned. Being over 6 foot tall I've found some full sized beds to be short and uncomfortable, these were very nice. The linens were good and comfortable. The bathroom was fine, the amenities might not be as nice and plenty as the other properties, but they're just fine. If someone was traveling for business and here a few days, the desk, couch area and refrigerator would be a very nice addition. There were plenty of plugs for all of our electronic accessories.

I would recommend this hotel and would happily stay here again.

The concept: As I said above I'm used to the full Hyatt experience and have didn't know what to expect. Actually when I checked in I didn't realize there was a difference. There is no room service, but there is a good selection of foods available at any time. There is a bar/food counter in the reception area where they prepare the foods. You can eat there or bring them back to your room. They also have a bar with a small but adequate selection of beer, wine and spirits. The prices were very reasonable for a hotel. Now back to the concept, it's much like Holiday Inn Express and there's a couple others like that I can' think of right off, a large rectangle, 5-6 floors, room look like they were built elsewhere and dropped in by crane, fully furnished, not overly posh, but not exactly a roadside hotel. That's what this is, though in my opinion, an upscale version of that. They serve the standard complimentary breakfast, 3 hot items, fruit, yogurt, breads, pastries, cereals, fruit juice and coffee. The hot foods I tried were good, they weren't presented as microwavable packaged items.

Overall it's a good experience and I would stay at this property or other Hyatt Place properties.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Molinos Marfagones, Spain
Reviewed December 11, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly. I asked that my checkout time be extended an extra hour and was told that it would not be a problem. When my wife and I returned to our room to retrieve our belongings we were unable to unlock the door because the desk clerk had neglected to program the key for a late departure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I've been to Hyatt Place hotels before. This location was convenient to the airport and nothing special. HOWEVER, the staff at this location serviced the guests so well I was thoroughly impressed! I will plan on staying here again when back in the area. They really took care of us after getting back from work. The food and bar area is very chic and different from other hotel experiences. The food was quite good. Breakfast was Awesome!!!!!! and the drinks in the evening were convenient. If I were you, I would try it out.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor and close to I 10 so very noisy. But the shower was good and the bed...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Solana Beach, California
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was the second or third time I stayed at this property. It is close to the immigration courts, airport, malls, and restaurants. The property is pretty clean and the staff are mostly friendly and helpful. I am not a fan of the Hyatt Place 24/7 meals but it is nice they are available. It is a comfortable place to crash in El Paso while on business.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business