“Spacious Rooms and Clean Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place El Paso Airport

Hyatt Place El Paso Airport
Ranked #14 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Vancouver
“Spacious Rooms and Clean Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Friendly and hassle-free staff at the front desk. The rooms were very spacious and had a living area that is semi-blocked off from the bed. I stayed in a standard king room. The breakfast bar was amazing. Truly one of the best "complimentary breakfasts" that I've had. There is a combination of hot and cold options. It blows Holiday Inn breakfasts out of the water. Would consider staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Mayhill, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very nice suites, modern with friendly, helpful staff. The Hotel is convenient for the Airport as well as for Mall shopping. The breakfast was excellent - not at all like a standard buffet style. The hotel is situated on the freeway (as many of the 'airport' hotels are so try to get a room at the opposite end. We were about 4 rooms back and it wasn't too noisy.

Room Tip: Not on the freeway side.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed there on a very busy night for the small property. Very friendly service at check-in. We appreciated their tour of the main floor. The room itself was great. Comfortable and clean. We had a very loud AC unit in our room which did not help us get the restful sleep we needed. However, it may have been an issue in our room only. Overall, we were happy with our stay at the Hyatt Place in El Paso.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Oskaloosa, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights. The area is very creepy very close to the border. Inside was clean. Staff was friendly. Room was well furnished and clean. Bathroom was clean, no tub just a shower. Bed was clean and comfortable. WiFi available and worked well. Breakfast selection was good. Several hot foods, fruits, juices, cereals, yogurts, breads. The elevators take forever and the second day broke down. Well one was supposed to up and running but the noises it was making on the way to the 3rd floor I decided I didn't want a ride and took the steps. Our room was 3 down from the elevator on 3rd floor. Very noisy with water pipe noises and could never get the air unit to shut off completely.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank M H
San Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The check-in was excellent and I was very pleased by the front desk clerk. It is convenient to I.H. 10 but that is part of the problem also. Make sure you ask for a room away from the expressway. I did not and the noise from I.H. 10 can be bad. Fortunately for me, I was tired so it did not bother me. The room was clean which is a big plus for me. But, the walls are very thin and I could clearly hear the guest next door speaking on his cellular. Moreover, not all the channels on the flatscreen tv were working and especially the channels I wanted to view like HBO and ESPN. The remote was also slow to react so it needed a battery. However, I did not want maintenance coming in so late in the day. I mentioned this on checking out and the front desk clerk was rather flippant about it as if she was used to hearing this complaint. There were no apologies whatsoever.

Room Tip: Request a room away from I.H. 10.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I will put this hotel at 2nd place starting from bottom of "will be back". Reason, the Elevator. So I got 5th floor room. I enter the elevator, and notice it got scratches all inside. I put my things down, and went back down. I'm taking the elevator on the right side, and it start to shake a bit as it went down. I thought, no big deal maybe a bit worn down. When I came back with my burger, and got on the elevator which was opening and had no one in there "The same one". So as it went up, started to shake. Once it got on my floor, it shake like earth quake for a sec. I thought it broke down, and I was gonne die. "dust came out of the top pannel, and see the pictures." Door opened, and I jumped the hell out of there. So I went back to my room, and grab the camera, and took a picture of it. Other than that, called the front desk and they said they'll talk to the maintance guy. So after an hour, went down again.......same thing happen.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Midland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed for a week on business. The room was comfortable, clean, very quiet. Shampoo, conditioner, AND toothpaste waited for me in my room. Actual coffee mugs in the room rather than Styrofoam cups. Tea bags too for hot tea along w/the coffee. Asked to be moved to a room away from elevator and was quickly moved. A staff member had me wait in my room while he went and got my new key and then helped take my bags to my new room, what a true gem of an employee!! Felt like I was in a 10-star hotel with special service. All staff were gracious, caring and responded to needs quickly. Breakfast was great, fresh fruit daily cooked goods, plenty to choose from. Family joined me at end of week and got a tour of facilities as it was their first stay. if there were a downside, I'd have to say the small bathroom. had to fight the door, but who stays in the bathroom!! If you are looking for another great hotel in El Paso Texas, Hyatt Place is the place to go.

Room Tip: Rooms away from elevators and ice machines are the best.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business