“Great overnight stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Place El Paso Airport
Ranked #11 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
“Great overnight stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Excellent breakfast with oatmeal and yogurt bar. Only negative was double instead of queen beds. Beds are comfy. Employees are super helpful. Great location. Room had a fridge and pull out couch. I would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed for a business conference. I used info from the other reviewers to ask for a room away from the highway. Very nice room, very nice size. Same problem with the bathroom door that many others noticed. You had to step in and dance around the toilet in order to close the door. Design flaw, don't see how they can improve this.
Nice bar area, food pretty good, pricey though. $5 for a bottle of Coors Light? C'mon...Front desk staff doubled as waiters and cooks, so when our whole group in the bar, they were a little overwhelmed. As other reviewers said, climate control leaves a lot to be desired. Pretty much either on or off. No way to regulate the temperature. I quizzed my co-workers, everyone had the same complaint. Don't think any of us slept well.
Shuttle was nice, they took our group to a local restaurant for dinner one evening. Decent location, lots around but you couldn't really walk anywhere. Large mall across the highway, but no easy way to cross 8+ lanes of traffic. Shuttle will take you though, so that is nice. Breakfast good, but coffee stops at 9:30am, then it goes to pricey Starbucks at the bar area. Overall, pretty good, can't suggest any improvements they could actually implement, can't move the highway or the airport, could maybe change out the heaters/a/c though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Overall it was great. The staff was helpful and polite and the rooms were very nice. Our king size room had a sectional sofa w/ottoman, fridge, and bar faucet, and a gorgeous large flat screen tv, also interesting enough there was no tub just a large standup shower, guess it works for most but i had a 2yr old who prefers tubs but we managed just fine. I would definitely stay here again and again.

Dallas, TX
Helen M.

• Stayed February 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Had the opportunity to visit the Hyatt Place El Paso airport. Didn't wow me. The complimentary airport shuttle doesn't start until 6:00am and I had to argue with the morning hostess to get comped for the taxi n the morning. If you do stay make sure you are not on the highway side as it felt like my bed was in the highway median it was so noisy. Was 175$ per night and as much as I love Hyatt this property is overpriced. They will get one more shot and then I will pick one of the closer airport hotels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank UoMdaddy
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here twice and it's where we'll stay if we're ever in El Paso again.

They remodeled at some point and the hotel is just lovely. They really put a lot of money and effort into it (unlike other hotels). They have an automated check in but one of the employees always greets you when you check in and asks if there's anything you need.

They have a decently sized menu that's served all day, you can eat in your room or downstairs. The food is delicious. Their continental breakfast is also one of the better ones I've had. they have a large selection of coffee and tea plus decent sized to go cups. The only thing I dislike is that they don't have a soda machine, just bottled soda.

I can't say enough good things about the rooms. They're all suite sized with mini bars, fridges, a desk and a sofa big enough for 4-5 people. The TV is huge and turns so it faces the bed or the sofa. The bed was very comfy, the pillows could have been better (I rarely stay in a hotels with pillows I like though). The rooms have all been updated and look awesome, plus they have tons of outlets. The bathroom is a little tiny, you have to step into the shower to close the door but it's not a big deal. The internet was good and the TV had a decent amount of channels as well as a lot of pay options.

The only problem we had with this hotel was its proximity to the freeway. It didn't bother me but my hubby is a very light sleeper. We were on the front side of the hotel in a corner room (same room both times we stayed), so the sound could from the cars might be worse in our room than in others.

Their price was very reasonable for the area. If you're in El Paso you must stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for a room farther from the freeway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

An excellent two-nght stay at the Hyatt Place, El Paso. New concepts at the breakfast bar reduced the groggy, "I don't know where anything is" to a complete minimum. Exceptionally clean, and when it came time to go the airport, one of the guys behind the desk grabbed the keys and we were on our way in a minute.

When I go home, I found that my credit card had been charged, when the business I worked for had already prepaid for the room. Steam emerging from my ears, I called. I spoke with Loretta who, in less than ten minutes, figured it out and had the charges reversed. Granted, things like that shouldn't happen, but the way she dealt with it was efficient and professional. I would stay there again anytime.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bruce w
Marina del Rey, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

The rooms are quite large which we liked. The shower / toilet was ridiculous!!!! you have to jockey around the toilet to shut the door!!!! The bed has the smallest pillows you can imagine......no really like kids pillows, we need 6 of them to get comfortable. Then as it was a bit warm in the room we decided to switch on the air con.......it sounded like there was a truck in our room.....you could not open the window because of the freeway noise, so we had to sleep with the constant clunking of the old A/C. With so much competition in the segment we will not be back. Chains like this have to try a lot harder to get my business.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple