“great property, hard to go wrong”

Hyatt Place El Paso Airport
Ranked #11 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
St. Petersburg, Florida
“great property, hard to go wrong”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This is a great hotel. I stayed for three nights in June 2012 on business travel. It is only the second Hyatt Place I've stayed at but I am impressed with the brand so far.

The lobby area is styled very tastefully, as are the rooms. Room and overall property cleanliness exceeded expectations.

Breakfast is nice as well- the hot breakfast sandwiches are nice and I have to say that the "Signature" sandwich is delicious.

The fitness center is small but they do have a rack of free weights and five cutting edge pieces of cardio- complete with touch screens and integrated TVs.

The staff is nice, and they have a free shuttle from the airport.

The only possible negative I've seen with Hyatt Place properties is that the pool is usually bare bones. So, I wouldn't stay here if I were looking for a good pool scene.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
san antonio
Reviewed May 24, 2012

6 story "cookie cutter" hyatt place. Rooms are exactly what you expect at "HP" which is good vs marriott or spg offerings in the mid-range catagory. location is right off i-10 east of downtown near airport. staff was very nice at check in, the morning staff could use some additional training. Same goes for food, evening dinning was good. Free breakfast ( even though they are advertising the new "skillet" was poor quality). The open face sandwich tasted like they cooked the night before. I say average based on traveling every week west of the MS River, but for El Paso ( grade on a curve) you could go 3.5 stars.

Room Tip: high and south of i-10 gives you best sound proofing
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed May 17, 2012

My sister and I go home twice a year to El Paso TX and stay at least a week. We found Hyatt Place for Thanksgiving 2011 first time! Awesome! We had the view of the city and found the staff to be very friendly, especially Roger Assistant General Manager! My sister and I are going back June 2012 for a week at the Hyatt! Thank you Roger!

Room Tip: I have found out if you call the Hyatt Place El Paso airport directly and speak with manger on duty...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend for 5 nights, then turning into 6 as I missed my flight back to London. This was during the Thanksgiving period which I was there for.
The rooms are exactly the same at any Hyatt Place. Comfy beds, plenty of room, though the bathroom is small, it wasn't that bad.
The downside was, there are no microwaves in the rooms. A fridge, yes, but the microwave no. However, you can ask the staff to warm up food in their microwave.
The view we had was great. Though you can see I-10, you can also see the lovely view of the mountains.
The night we stayed when I missed my flight, the room had a musty smell. But the previous room.we had was ok.
All in all, I love the Hyatt Place and the staff are great!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank SAT2011
Phoenix
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I travel to El Paso at least once per month for business and always stay st this hotel. It is clean, and well maintained, rooms are good size, sometimes the TV's do not get all of the channels and some beds seems to soft or that if you sleep on one side of the bed you feel that you may roll right off, I always have to sleep in the middle.
The biggest improvement since last month is the breakfast. They now serve a hot free meal in the morning, thanks Danny and Rebecca!

Room Tip: Maybe a way from the freeway. I ask for a higher floor looking west.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PhoenixPhoenician
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We recently had a very nice stay at this hotel. Great room layout for work and relaxing to watch tvs. Friendly staff was very helpful and knowledable. Make a great recommendation for dinner and provided directions to the places we wanted to go. Only a cold breakfast in the morning, but it was good. The location was convenient for the airport, as well as numerous restaurants and shopping at Basset Place. Some construction ongoing, but it did not disturb us in the slightest.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Spent 5 great nights here while visiting military family. Great location, service and convenient. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012