“Really good BBQ & a relaxed atmosphere.”
Review of Rudy's

Rudy's
Ranked #7 of 1,568 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Bar-B-Q was added to the operation in 1989, and Rudy's "Country Store" and Bar-B-Q has been serving up tasty food ever since. The same original recipes that built Rudy's Leon Springs' reputation are now available throughout the Southwest.
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Although it seems a bit pricey...the brisket is really good. They sell it by the pound,& weigh it in front of you. I did get some that was a bit dry (I prefer the 'moist' cut if brisket), & when I took it back to the counter the mgr immediately replaced it--no hesitation! I also tried the smoked turkey breast....it was the best turkey I have EVER had! Service was really slow, & I wondered if the employee was new.
This is a very casual place...you order at the counter, @ take your food/drink to long picnic-style tables.
Overall, a good place to get some tasty BBQ.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This restaurant is part of a chain that has a proven method to serve you quickly and efficiently. It is pretty much self serve as you walk up to the cashier and order your smoked meat, select your sides from an adjoininag fridge and get your cold drink from a trough full of bottled drinks in ice. Two of us had half a pound of lean brisket, half a pound of baby back ribs and a whole jalapeno sausage. This was very tasty and enough to split between us. Customers do not sit at individual tables but rather at long tables with other customers. We would go back to try the pulled pork and other options.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

The food and service are great. You can't go wrong with Rudy's. Had the prime rib (a Friday and Saturday special only) and Chicken sandwich. All meat moist and bread was fresh. Remove the stoppers from the BBQ sauce to speed up your pour. Geen Chili stew was a great late night snack. Beer is ice cold.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We walked over to Rudy's from the Hampton Inn. We found great prices, friendly people, and delicious food...get the jumbo potato, so good, you don't need the cheese.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Our group of 5 walked over from the Hampton Inn at 8:18 pm on a very cold night. The sign on the door said opened until 10 but a paper was half hanging on the door saying they were closed (?) due to weather. I opened the door, entered a large room where 5/6 tables were occupied waiting for service. I asked if they were closed and a girl with no manners snapped YES! I nicely requested if she could accommodate us since all the other tables were waiting to be served and we had traveled all day. She snapped NO! When I requested a suggestion for another restaurant since we had never been to El Paso before, she motioned to the right and said Village Inn. After getting back in the car, we stumbled upon Village Inn 2 exits down on the highway. Thanks for the directions!

3  Thank AZDot

Been to Rudy's? Share your experiences!