“Awesome dining experience!!”
Review of Shellsy Oyster Bar - CLOSED

Shellsy Oyster Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Shellsy offers a variety of dishes, fusion of the Mexican & Louisiana couisine, combinig cajun & spicy flavors achieved a wonderful result with a very friendly atmosphere
“Awesome dining experience!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

we came across Shellsy's Restaurant on a trip to El Paso and I must say it blew my mind off. To start off they had great waiters that provided awesome service and upon looking at the menu and all of the variety they had I was very excited to try everything! I was not dissapointed and everything we had ordered was very delicious. The oysters were fresh, the food was well cooked and the taste was impecable. Will definately be back for more!!

• Visited February 2013

College Station, Texas
“Expect the Unexpected!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

So I recently stumbled onto this place while on a business trip to El Paso and boy am I glad I did! Shellsy Oyster Bar was unique, and different from anything I had ever tried anywhere because their menu combined authentic New Orleans flavors with Mexican recipes! The traditional fish taco recipe (I believe they called them Baja Tacos) came with a Mexican twist and spice which made them unbelievably tasty! Not to mention the Oysters which were extremely fresh and BIG! I don’t know how they do it being so far off the coast but all the seafood was fresh as could be! I'm not going to lie, the fact that they had fresh Oysters was what caught my eye in the first place, but the menu was extensive and offered not only seafood but many other options as well. The servers were extremely nice and also knowledgeable about the menu items when asked. I will definitely go back and highly recommend this place to anyone visiting or living in El Paso. I close my review with one request….Hurry and open one in Houston!!!

• Visited April 2013
El Paso, Texas
“BBB bueno bonito barato= GPA good pretty affordable”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled across this little restaurant that offers a piece of New Orleans on the side of the ocean but in El Paso.
Presentation is fantastic. Food and decor.
We loved it.
The service was great too. Cuddos to Fernie and his staff.

• Visited April 2013
“A Must Go!!!!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Went to Shellsy's on a quick trip to El Paso, and everything was truely excellent! Fresh oysters this far from the coast was such a delicious surprise! I recommend the Shellsy oysters, service was great,fast and friendly, and the restaurant is really well decorated. Also had the shrimp baja tacos that were delicious fried shrimp with a kick with a chipotle sauce!

El Paso, Texas
“This is the place for an Oyster fix!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

When my wife & I attend dance class (ballroom) at UT-El Paso Friday evenings, we always go out to eat, and look forward to a different restaurant each time. Being in the Chihuahua Desert, I don't give seafood much of a chance for quality. However, the oysters (and you've got to have the namesake!) here were surprisingly good. Admittedly, I didn't try everything that was oysterized, but the Shellsy shot was neither expensive nor alcoholic, a good buy in my opinion. Then my entree of Rockefeller Oysters was a delightful half-dozen, while my wife had grilled salmon. The only downside was chips & dips were late in arrival, what seemed to be sort of an afterthought--we were the first customers of the evening rush. I was extremely pleased with the dips, both quite different from the usual picante or hot sauce. In fact, I should have asked for more chips....! Anyway, it was different, in a good way, from any other restaurant we've enjoyed here. I highly recommend it!

• Visited October 2012