“This is the place for an Oyster fix!”
Review of Shellsy Oyster Bar - CLOSED

Shellsy Oyster Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Shellsy offers a variety of dishes, fusion of the Mexican & Louisiana couisine, combinig cajun & spicy flavors achieved a wonderful result with a very friendly atmosphere
Reviewed October 5, 2012

When my wife & I attend dance class (ballroom) at UT-El Paso Friday evenings, we always go out to eat, and look forward to a different restaurant each time. Being in the Chihuahua Desert, I don't give seafood much of a chance for quality. However, the oysters (and you've got to have the namesake!) here were surprisingly good. Admittedly, I didn't try everything that was oysterized, but the Shellsy shot was neither expensive nor alcoholic, a good buy in my opinion. Then my entree of Rockefeller Oysters was a delightful half-dozen, while my wife had grilled salmon. The only downside was chips & dips were late in arrival, what seemed to be sort of an afterthought--we were the first customers of the evening rush. I was extremely pleased with the dips, both quite different from the usual picante or hot sauce. In fact, I should have asked for more chips....! Anyway, it was different, in a good way, from any other restaurant we've enjoyed here. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed April 7, 2012

My fiancée and I went just for dinner. The beer selection is good. The food was pretty good. I would definitely go back again.

1  Thank Diduarte06
Reviewed October 7, 2011

The Shellsy Oyster Bar is a great addition to the limited seafood choices in El Paso. It offers a range of dishes, from Prince Edward Island oysters to New Orleans Po'Boy sandwiches, Baja-style tacos, and fried oysters with a spicy mango sauce. It's a small but lively place, not a white tablecloth atmosphere, and generally packed with fans. There's a good wine list with choices by the glass as well as bottle, and many beers. We've enjoyed every one of our many visits.

1  Thank Purmamarca