“great stay!!!”

Ranked #25 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
Seattle, Washington
“great stay!!!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Nice quiet area, comfortable beds, friendly desk agents.
clean room, easy access to movie theater, freeway, restaurants, pizza delivery.
Great fireworks on the weekends during baseball games.
no breakfast, but a store where I was able to purchase food, without having to leave, in the morning since I had an appointment.

Great place, I rate it a 10 Star hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
David N, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites El Paso North, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Jack L. I'm glad to hear you had a pleasant stay at our hotel!!! It is very appealing to many of our guests that though we are located off of the US-54 highway, we are far enough back to where there is no traffic noise. It's great to know you made use of our lobby convenient store (Cupboard). The Candlewood format is design for our guests to make themselves at home and not have to worry about getting dressed for breakfast, but rather take their Grab and Go Breakfast upstairs to their rooms and eat comfortably. Not to forget make use of the great kitchens we have!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We had a great experience spend the 4th of july here. We stayed on the property and had an excellent view of the fireworks next door. Within walking distance of a movie theatre and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Gabe B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites El Paso North, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Hello,

It's very nice to hear from you. Thanks for the review; we really appreciate your kind words. Thanks for using Tripadvisor.com to express your satisfaction with our hotel. We greatly appreciate your business and most sincerely appreciate your feedback. We hope you stay with us again; remember we offer free baseball tickets to all of our guest and the Diablos' often have fireworks nights. Please stay with us again and we'll ensure your next stay is fantastic!!

Thanks and have a super week!!!

Gabe Borquez, General Manager
Candlewood Suites North
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I thought I would rate this hotel since it seems real new. Keep in mind I'm discussing mostly negatives but I like it overall.

- you can't really park near your room, it's best to use the main entrance

- Sealy Posturepedic bed I think

- the internet requires that you agree to the terms each time instead of once then it uses a cookie or something for the rest of the week (this is a pain if you mostly VPN or use a smartphone or a couple other scenarios)

- TV has 32 channels, seems fine although it has Fox News but not MSNBC; so you can't tune the bedroom TV to MSNBC and the living room one to Fox and see if a compromise is possible LOL

- TVs have a female headphone jack and USB; clock radios have a male headphone jack

- wifi and wired internet seem fine (wired I just measured 4.87 Mbps up and 2.33 Mbps down); wifi might be a little slower than wired and the latency is probably not quite as good

- the bedroom ethernet jack works, the kitchen one not (I'm probably the first using my particular suite to discover this so I'll mention it to the front desk later)

- hotel is on Cohen; if you exit and go right you can only really head north to the Gateway/WoodrowBean intersection; well WoodrowBean is undergoing major reconstruction causing some pretty major annoyances right now

- the good news about that is you can walk to the movies, the (very average FWIW) steakhouse, and the minor league ballpark; I should probably also walk to WoodrowBean for slightly better food but I wind up driving LOL

- the hotel says they have ethernet cables and many other little things, all ya gotta do is ask the front desk; well I'm 1 for 2 and the clerk said they don't have very many of each

- no pool, I don't really care

- free laundry

- cool little convenience store nook next to the lobby check it out; the free coffee there is similar to McDonald's coffee which I love; but if you get the coffee real early in the morning it's real bad cuz it's probably from the night before

- no manager's reception or free breakfast

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Your stay at our hotel is greatly appreciated!!! Fortunately we have had some upgrades and minor tweaks to our hotel since you've last stayed with us. We now host a weekly evening social consisting of appetizers and drinks. We have upgraded every T.V. to HD programming, as well as added several new channels. Transmountain construction is no longer an issue, and even better is safer now than before!! We would love for you to come down to El Paso and enjoy another visit with us!!!
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Candlewood Suites El Paso North is a great value for the business traveler. Close to restaurants and entertainment, across the street from a minor league ballpark, a quarter mile to a main express highway (but it's quiet! no traffic noise!), it's a value that just can't be beat in El Paso-Juárez. Rooms are spacious, bedding is clean and exceptionally comfortable. Internet access is easy, stable and FAST. Workspace is ample. The kitchen is well-equipped (even with little things like dishwashing detergents and a complimentary pack of microwave popcorn) and very modern. The bathroom is well-appointed with top-quality soaps and shampoo. And for quick snacks the little pantry downstairs is as complete as most convenience stores, with reasonable prices. Check-in and check-out was handled by friendly, helpful staff who knew the local shopping and dining spots, and helped me find my way around some newly-completed stretches of highway. For busy people who want a comfortable, safe and affordable place to live for a few days, Candlewood Suites just can't be beat.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JVDonnant
I enjoyed reading your review very much. It brings me great pleasure to know that our hospitality is greatly appreciated!!! Next time you're in El Paso, come on by and have a few drinks at our evening social, a newly added perk to show our appreciation!!!
New Hampshire
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Well priced.. Very clean. Location near shopping, restaurants and highway makes this hotel a perfect choice for this business traveler. Free wifi provided excellent connectivty to the room. Room is well equipped with an apartment size kitchen, comfortable sized room and medium sized bathroom. Movie theatre within walking distance helps me unwind after long work days. Staff was very friendly and made me feel very welcome. I would recommend any day and will certainly be back.

• Stayed January 2012
You are welcome back any time at our hotel!!! One of the best attribute to the Candlewood Brand, and more specifically our hotel, is to build great relationships with our guests. If our guests feel right at home, it allows us to feel more like a host which is how we prefer it.
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed December 16, 2011

The rooms are sooooo nice. I'm talking wood floor entry ways, granite counter tops, stainless appliances, a leather reclining chair, a flat screen and a blu-ray player! Even the alarm clock was fancy. The room and the entire property is super clean, I mean spotless. They have every amenity you could think of, wireless internet in the rooms, a laundry center, a fitness room, a business center, etc...The free dvd rentals and the food store went beyond my expectations. The staff at the front desk was extremely professional, helpful and courteous. I was greeted every time I left or entered the property. If you stay anywhere else in El Paso you're making a mistake.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank trust_the_man
Your review of our hotel es muy Fantastico!!! Glad we could make your stay an enjoyable experience. Alot of hard work was put into this hotel and we're glad our guests are enjoying it. Personally I love the wooden floors myself!!! Our video library is always up to date with new releases and classic movies. We hope we get the pleasure of your company in the future. Thank you!!!
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed December 16, 2011

We chose this hotel based on location, north El Paso, but the location is better than imagined near restaurants, movies, and shopping. They were out of king bedrooms so we chose 2 doubles and found the beds quite comfortable. My husband liked the large recliner, and I was impressed by the modern kitchenette which was well stocked. The bathroom was well designed with hook on the wall instead of the back of the door, and the water was hot. The snack store was nice too. We did not use the fitness center but it looked better than most.

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank TripwBag
Great to hear from you!!! I absolutely agree with you that our kitchens our awesome!!! I kid you not, some of our guests make the most amazing feasts in their room. Next time you stay at our hotel I recommend giving our gym a shot. I workout regularly and vouche that it has all essentials needed, not to mention the T.V. on the treadmill.