“Great Food and Friendship”

Rulis International Kitchen
Ranked #107 of 1,543 Restaurants in El Paso
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New Mexico
“Great Food and Friendship”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Ruli's International Kitchen, or RIK, is an El Paso institution now. Originally downtown, Ruli's moved up to the Unversity area last year and rapidly became an area favorite. Ruli offers a great menu of salads and small plates, plus dynamite sandwiches at lunch, and a short list of main dishes, some influenced by his native Mexico. A changing selection of wines by the glass is available, plus a world-class beer menu. Everything is made to order, no fast food here! Weekends you'll find live music in the evening, and brunch on Sundays. Ruli and his staff are friendly as well as efficient. Mom and Dad are frequently on site, helping out with special dishes.

Check this out for lunch or a bite before one of the many special events at UTEP - always the right choice!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Purmamarca

“Super choolo waiter land”
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Every single employ in that place looks like they belong in some choolo gang. I noticed the cook was heavily tattooed and shuffling around like he was drunk.
This did not make me feel safe about the food I was about to eat Wichita was a little less than average. Inaddtion the restaurant was a little dirty. Service was also a little slow. I won't go back simply because it is a waste of time.

2 Thank DLevy
El Paso, Texas
“Overrated”
Reviewed April 9, 2011

When we got there, the table dirty and there were too many workers just standing around. Ordered the green chile and potatoe soup; tasted good, but was cold and expensive. I basically have a turkey sandwich on one slice of bread with sauce. It tasted okay, but was too expensive for a slice of bread with turkey. My boyfriend ordered the cuban pork sandwich or something; it was brought out way after I finished my meal and the pork in the sandwich looked really old (grey colored) and he could barely chew it, also it was really tiny. I dont understand why it's called "international" kitchen... just because they called a pork sandwich Cuban doesn't make a restaurant international.

• Visited March 2011
3 Thank Athena1042
El Paso, Texas
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed March 14, 2011

We had the fried green beans. Sounds odd but was delicious! All the food was very fresh. We had the hummus for an appetizer -- some of the best hummus I've had. I think what made the hummus so good was the red chili pepper on top of it. I had the cuban panino -- also delicious. I really like all the different type of tapas they have here as well. This place is very vegetarian friendly. I've been here several times and have never been disappointed.

Visited March 2011
Orlando, Florida
“Couldn't stomach the service and left”
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Having worked in restaurants, I understand the need to provide good customer service in order to make tips. Apparently, the waiter at Rulis didn't understand that concept. I had a reservation and they seated us at a dirty table. The restaurant was pretty empty so I asked to move to a booth seat behind me. The waiter told me that that seat was reserved and I asked if it was my reservation to which he remarked "I don't know, I just got here." I figure if he couldn't be bothered, I couldn't be bothered to settle for his lack of service and left.

• Visited January 2011