“Great for Lunch or Dinner”
Review of Pot au Feu

Pot au Feu
Reserve with OpenTable
Pot au Feu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 1,590 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between N Kansas and N Stanton
Reviewed April 1, 2014

There aren't many places you can enjoy an upscale business-type lunch in downtown El Paso. But if you haven't been to Pot Au Feu you are missing a great meal in a cosy setting. I recently treated another downtown businessman to lunch there. He had driven past the restaurant numerous times. But, like many of us, unless you have anecdotal evidence that it deserves your patronage, you might just pass it up for some place more familiar. Consider this your anecdotal evidence!! I love the lamb burgers. It can be cooked to your satisfaction and comes with a choice of sides. The salads are delicious too. My friend had the Reuben sandwich. Both entrees required to-go boxes as the sandwiches are huge. Don't miss this jewel. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

On this restaurant you set the tone. I saw the reviews and was intrigued by it and the location makes it feel like you are going to a downtown New York restaurant. The day I visited I called for a reservation and staff was very attentive. The second I came in I was given the options of various tables. Service was good. They have a Full bar so I ordered a Mojito that was pretty good. I went with a very special someone and at atmosthphere was perfect. She had been with a group and it was perfect too. We ordered the Fried Calamari that was so buttery and crisp that I fell in love with it. Also the Humus with Naan. For dinner I had the Duck and it was really tender and pasta was full of flavor and my friend had the steak that came in medallions and it looked amazing. From here you can just take a walk to downtown and you will have a perfect evening.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Hotel recommended Pot au Feu at check in...I stored away the recommendation, and went to one of my tried and true El Paso restaurants. But the second night, I checked out it's good reviews, realized I could just walk over and decided to try it. It was a very good choice, it was happy hour (drink discounts and half price appetizers).
The appetizers where very good and everything on the menu looked great...and the beer was cold. The experience is unique, the service outstanding and food was special, not the average bar and grill.
If you are downtown, and there not many choices, this is a good choice. I expect to return and look forward to it.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I made reservations on the same day with no issues. We had our choice of seating and had a very at tentative waiter. My husband ordered the duck and noodles while I ordered the linguini and added some shrimp to it for extra. My husband wasn't too fond of the noodles but came to like the taste. The duck was superb with a nice crispy layer of skin. The linguine was to die for. Very rich, creamy, and it did not need the shrimp added to it. It was perfect without it. For dessert we ordered the white chocolate ricotta creme brûlée. Probably the best creme brûlée I've ever had. The flavor wasn't like the lighter flavor I am used to in my homemade version. It was very rich and flavorful and the topping seemed to be made of a darker sugar. Just excellent. The pricing is typical of a boutique restaurant and fit the quality of the food we ate. Service was excellent as well. Wish I could give it a 4 and 1/2 star rating but 5 stars to me means the best meal of my life. We will definitely be returning as their menu changes frequently.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We went during happy hour so we tried 4 out of 5 appetizers for half price. Everything was unique and delicious. Good beer selection. Nice environment and the service was fast and friendly. My green tea soba noodles and duck breast was amazing. You won't find another place like this in El Paso.