“Casual and Delicious ” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pot au Feu

Pot au Feu
Reserve with OpenTable
Pot au Feu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 1,526 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between N Kansas and N Stanton
Tampa, Florida
“Casual and Delicious ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I made reservations on the same day with no issues. We had our choice of seating and had a very at tentative waiter. My husband ordered the duck and noodles while I ordered the linguini and added some shrimp to it for extra. My husband wasn't too fond of the noodles but came to like the taste. The duck was superb with a nice crispy layer of skin. The linguine was to die for. Very rich, creamy, and it did not need the shrimp added to it. It was perfect without it. For dessert we ordered the white chocolate ricotta creme brûlée. Probably the best creme brûlée I've ever had. The flavor wasn't like the lighter flavor I am used to in my homemade version. It was very rich and flavorful and the topping seemed to be made of a darker sugar. Just excellent. The pricing is typical of a boutique restaurant and fit the quality of the food we ate. Service was excellent as well. Wish I could give it a 4 and 1/2 star rating but 5 stars to me means the best meal of my life. We will definitely be returning as their menu changes frequently.

El Paso, Texas, USA
“Excellent dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

We went during happy hour so we tried 4 out of 5 appetizers for half price. Everything was unique and delicious. Good beer selection. Nice environment and the service was fast and friendly. My green tea soba noodles and duck breast was amazing. You won't find another place like this in El Paso.

• Visited October 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“I want to make my 5 stars a 3.5 star review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is my second review. Originally I was very impressed with Pot au Feu, our first review was a full 5 stars. I have brought numerous folks to this restaurant as I want to see them be successful, I was so impressed with the quality, the menu options and the staff. After our last few experiences I have to move it down to a 3.5 (which is not an option so 4 is what is listed) as I want to have hope for this place. A few months ago they stopped making our favorite dessert, the other options are not appealing to us. A one point is seemed obvious that they changed their Pomme frites(french fries) but they insisted they did not (?). Today we noticed a new menu where some items have been taken off. We LOVED their steak sandwich...LOVED it!!! And it is no longer offered. To say we are disappointed is an understatement. To top it off there was some sort of construction going that was obnoxiously loud, we attempted to power through it and sit to still eat however our server was not very friendly and when we voiced our disappointment of there no longer being a steak sandwich he rolled his eyes and stared back, that is not good customer service. What about saying something nice or recommending his favorite, or anything other than his attitude. As he went to go and get our water we decided to leave due to the loud noise coming from the ceiling...he could have offered an apology...a discount...a free dessert to make things more tolerable...but no, he let us walk out disappointed, not good "service" in our opinion.
At some point I will come back and try to give them a chance again however right now I am disappointed.

Visited October 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Some good, some bad...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Be clear about what your ordering, ordered side salad, charged for Caesar, ordered it with dress on side, came out overdressed, $10 for lettuce, tomatoes and dressing-no taste. Lamb burger delicious, took 20 minutes to get food, only one other table in place.
Nice atmosphere and server tried hard to be accommodating.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New Mexico
“Eclectic menu and setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I'd rank Pot au Feu as excellent if the noise level could be reduced. The food is extremely good, and the small menu has something for every taste. We both took home small boxes of what we could not finish, as it was just too tasty to discard! Try the quail if you visit, you won't be disappointed. The menu offerings are probably unique in El Paso and a welcome addition to the dining options.

The setting is that of a café, with lots of dark brown wood...the kitchen is not entirely open but is right there next to the dining area. This is part of the ambience, and also part of the noise! If you want to have a conversation with your dining partner, best to sit away from all that by the front windows - although the real problem is the general acoustics, as there are no soft surfaces. The restuarant was full on the night we dined at 7 pm, so a later dinner with few diners might also be wise.

But go!