“Some good, some bad...”
Review of Pot au Feu

Pot au Feu
Reserve with OpenTable
Pot au Feu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 1,591 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between N Kansas and N Stanton
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Be clear about what your ordering, ordered side salad, charged for Caesar, ordered it with dress on side, came out overdressed, $10 for lettuce, tomatoes and dressing-no taste. Lamb burger delicious, took 20 minutes to get food, only one other table in place.
Nice atmosphere and server tried hard to be accommodating.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I'd rank Pot au Feu as excellent if the noise level could be reduced. The food is extremely good, and the small menu has something for every taste. We both took home small boxes of what we could not finish, as it was just too tasty to discard! Try the quail if you visit, you won't be disappointed. The menu offerings are probably unique in El Paso and a welcome addition to the dining options.

The setting is that of a café, with lots of dark brown wood...the kitchen is not entirely open but is right there next to the dining area. This is part of the ambience, and also part of the noise! If you want to have a conversation with your dining partner, best to sit away from all that by the front windows - although the real problem is the general acoustics, as there are no soft surfaces. The restuarant was full on the night we dined at 7 pm, so a later dinner with few diners might also be wise.

But go!

1  Thank Purmamarca
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We are not big sandwich eaters. My husband and I shared a lamb burger and the steak sandwich...both were VERY good. A side dish comes with both. I chose the soup of the day which was tomato...delicious! The steak on the sandwich was moist and tender, cooked perfectly! The lamb burger was also cooked perfectly and had just the right amount of fresh feta and greens. The bread used on both was fresh and well paired to the sandwiches. Our server James was very personable and helpful. We are new to El Paso and have not found too many places we feel we would like to return to on a regular basis, or at all for that matter. We will be back for more at Pot au Feu!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Pot au Feu is an elegant establishment that combined quality and dazzling flavors to deliver a great dining experience. I would place Pot au Feu in the highest level of restaurants and rate them against that standard - they meet the mark. An excellent wine list pairs well with their dishes and the wait staff was attentive but not obtrusive. The night I visited I tried their special of the evening, Moroccan Chicken with couscous - delightful - the subtle layering of spices and fresh olives were a perfect accompaniment to the chicken, couscous, and zucchini.

However, the real star of the evening was the Chimmichurri Rib eye. This steak was full of flavors that compliment the steak without overpowering it. The only improvement would have been aged beef, fortunately the cut delivered this evening was tender. The paired house red was perfect.

When we arrived at 6:30pm, there was plenty of seating available; by 7pm it was full with people waiting. Unless you arrive early, I recommend a reservation. This was our first visit but eagerly anticipate our return.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had been to this place several times before and I had been satisfied with their menu. But this time it seems like they changed some of the recipes and items around but it was amazing. I am not sure if they got a new chef or what but the food was extraordinary. I ordered the pappardelle pasta and the pasta was cooked nice and al dente and meshed with all the capers, olives and tomatoes the pasta dish had. My girlfriend had the steak and it came with some corn breads that were just amazing. The steak was very well seasoned and the service was very friendly. Decent beer selection and some good variety on the wines.Definitely recommend this place.

Been to Pot au Feu? Share your experiences!