“Great quiet place to stay off of I-10/El Paso”

Fairfield Inn & Suites El Paso
Ranked #26 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great quiet place to stay off of I-10/El Paso”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

This was a Great quiet place to stay off of I-10/El Paso on our trip in/out of Texas and glad we found this place. Newer hotel in a better part of El Paso, with nice/bright rooms, clean, great AC, friendly staff, nice pool etc.
Certainly worth the few turns off of the freeway!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Overall good! One of the nicest hotels we have stayed in a while.

Very clean, friendly staff, clean room. I read in another review that this place was new and it was very new which made for nice clean things.

The rooms were a little small (we had the king size) but it was just the 2 of us so it was fine. Nice big bathroom though (no tub, but there is a hot tub/pool).

They say no pets but the carpet did smell little like wet dog but after 10mins we got use to it. And since there are no pets allowed in the hotel, when we left this morning there was a tiny cup dog in a car with the Sun out and hot! I was so mad at those damn people that I went and got a staff member and they said they would tell the manager. Hopefully, someone can find the bad owners before the dog is dead.

Which, brings me to my next thing if they do not offer pets to stay then they should tell them where the nearest Petsmart or place they can check a dog in for the night. But I bet anyone who would leave there dog in the car on a HOT Aug 2nd day wouldn't spend the money to drop off the dog. The owners were more worried about their night stay then finding a hotel that takes pets!

Now, back to the hotel.

Good parking (we had a moving truck with trailer) and good views on the higher floors (3&4) facing the highway (so pretty).

The ice machine was in the hallway open and next to someones rooms. We felt bad for those people because we didn't want to wake them but we needed to get ice.

Last thing was I read in another review that they needed a better free breakfast and at first I was like come on it's free who cares! But then when you get to the hotel your like wow this is nice so you expect them to have a well prepared breakast and they did for the most part. First, I would add in cranberry juice. Many women (and men) need this while traveling so they don't get a UTI. Or if you were to have one this could help. Also, just for the simple fact people like cranberry juice! Next, I would put the half&hlaf for the coffee in the mini refrigerator. And last get more of a selection for bread and bagels.

One more thing, went to check out but no one was at the front desk, left the keys and while waiting we had breakfast. Still after breakfast no one came so we just left the keys.

But over all like I said earlier very clean and nice. We will be returning!

Thanks!

• Stayed August 2012
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

I got really lost and l forgot my Google maps but the young lady on the desk was very patient and talked me there. I was just there before flying out in the morning but everything was just what I expected. She also gave me great directions to the airport that included a written one as well. The room was very comfortable and quiet. I slept great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Although the hotel was clean and comfortable, we will never return because of our customer service experience. Our party of seven consisted of a 93 year old, two other seniors, two moms and 2 children. We had booked three suites and requested that they be on the same floor. When we arrived following a harrowing 12 hour journey, 3 hours of which was spent outside in the Texas summer heat with a flat tire, our reservation did not match the rooms assigned to us. The front desk agent was curt, unsympathetic,and unaccomodating. Although the hotel parking lot suggested that the hotel was not nearly full (we arrived on Sunday July 1st), we were told there was no note about our request for the same floor and they couldn't do that for us. The desk agent was insistent on charging us $10 more per room to change to the suite which is what we had reserved in the first place. When we suggested that charging us seemed petty and a poor example of customer service, she stated and restated that she had to charge us. Furthermore, she insisted that each of the seniors pay for the respective rooms because we had been given a senior rate. When we booked through the 800 line, we were not told the seniors had to be the ones paying for the rooms, only that there had to be a senior in each room for the rate, so this created an akward situation at check in. It seemed she took every opportunity to make our stay more difficult than it had to be rather than seek to make us happy customers. We travel often and this stands out as one of the worst customer service experiences we've had.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank JV O
Round Rock, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

The room was clean, bright and comfortable. Great hotel in El Paso, Texas.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites El Paso, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your experience while staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed it. We sincerely thank you for choosing us for your stay in El Paso.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed 2 nights here in February and liked it very much. The hotel and the room were very clean. We found the staff to be friendly and courteous. Breakfast was good, though the breakfast area itself is a bit small so can get congested when there's a lot of guests. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend this place :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments and choosing us for your stay in El Paso. We sincerely thank you for recommending us and we hope to see you again here in the Sun City!

Anthony Montez
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

I travel almost constantly and found this to be one of the most enjoyable places to stay I've been in a very long time. The staff, from Anthony the General Manager, to Amber, the Breakfast Lady, are friendly and courteous and go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. I stayed two weeks in April and returned in May and many of the employees remembered my name - I can't tell you how welcome that made me feel! The area around the hotel is packed with places to eat and there is some decent shopping an exit down on the interstate. The hotel is clean and well maintained with a great little gym. No restaurant on site, but a good selection of free breakfast items. By all means, stay here if you can!

Room Tip: Top floor is my preference - less noise if you have heavy-footed people over you.