“Room comfy, decent price”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Paso
Ranked #29 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We just stayed here on our way to Alamogordo, NM. The beds and pillows were quite comfortable and the room was clean. We had a room that faced the highway and for a light sleeper, this made for a poor nights sleep. Also, the A/C cycles on and off so when it cycles off, you hear all the traffic on the highway. However, my Mom and kids had no problems falling asleep so I if you are a light sleeper, I suggest asking for a quiet room or a room that does not face the highway when you are checking in. Couldn't beat the price, 82.00 night with AAA discount, ended up being 96.00 with taxes. The property was clean and well maintained (always a plus) and the hotel staff were really nice. Felt safe walking to my car at night which is a big deal for me. Many nearby restaurants and retail stores. I would stay here again if traveling through town.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away NOT facing the highway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Paso, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear malleman,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Nicest people ever - had noisy bowling ball (?} dropping down on ceiling above me on floor two - they moved me to floor 4, no more problems. They are letting me check out at noon today - no problem. One of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in, and I've stayed in properties from the lower to the higher price range, have even stayed in the Disneyland Hotel penthouse suite (which was junk) ;). Good sized refrigerator, you can put all your water, frozen dinners, fruit in it. Nice microwave. I hate the air conditioning; it doesn't very well, but I can't knock this review down a star as the property is too well run. Very comfortable bed.

Food is an issue. If you want to commit suicide the easy way, check in here for a week and eat at the nearby Carl's Jr. and barbeque place (which does not even have decent sides) and you will die with a smile on your face.

For those who want to live longer, there is an Albertson's about 2 miles up the road. It is a very nice fully stocked store with great people working there. Get bottled water (it's dry here, you will suck it up), your dinners, and snacks. They serve breakfast, but it's so/so. There's cereal, pancakes (dry) biscuits and gravy, you get the idea.

It seems very safe here, but always use caution. Has all the modern safety bells+whistles, sprinkler system, deadbolts, etc.

The hotel also has snacks and some frozen dinners in a small "market" adjacent to the front desk.
This place rocks, people!!!

Room Tip: Top floor for quiet, but if you have noisy kids, probably better on the bottom floors.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ScreamingLibrarian
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Even though this hotel is a bit pricy (in comparison with other chains like LQ) it is worth the money.

The hotel is very new, rooms are clean and furniture in good shape. You can find a nice and clean pool and fitness room. They are not super big but nice.

During my stay the hotel was crowded and the service staff preparing the breakfast (offering a nice selection) had a lot to do but was still very friendly. On my stay (3 nights) no one vacuumed the room and I found a cereal on the floor that stayed there for all the time :(

The only real drawback in this hotel is the noisy A/C in the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mrosin
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I love love love the Holiday inn downtown El Paso. Too bad I can't pull that location up to rate. Even thought there are many hotels much closer to my job location, I gladly drive the extra miles to see the best desk clerks ever!

Room Tip: Find the downtown location if you want the best customer service ever!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Danette F
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

In December 2011 I stayed and it was great. In December 2012 I stayed again. Things were not so good. The pool was a chlorine gas chamber. It burned my eyes to enter the room. After 10 minutes I had to leave the chlorine vapors were so strong. The next morning there was a horde of people at breakfast and no food. The staff was slow to respond. They were new, inexperienced, or indifferent. I think I'll go elsewhere this year.

• Stayed: December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Paso, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Cazdog,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I stay here when I come to El Paso for work. It is on the west side, very close to NM. I appreciate that this hotel has a lot of TV channels to choose from, often hotels will have 10 channels & that's all - this had nice selection...if I'm out of town I still want to be able to catch History Channel or Bravo at night & can do that here. The pillows were super comfy & I got a good nights sleep. Outlet malls are one exit up & several restaurants a couple exits the other way. Overall, the room was as expected & I will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located right off of IH 10 and very close to lots of shopping and restaurants. The indoor pool is very nice and offers a great place to relax after a long drive. The pool area was stocked with lots of towels. Our room was located on the second floor just above the pool. While you could hear some muted sounds coming from the pool while it was open, it was very quiet at night for sleeping. The breakfast featured eggs, ham, and biscuits along with the usual fare of breads, juices, coffee, cereal, and yogurt.

All in all the stay was very pleasant and I would definitely stay here again the next time I stay in El Paso.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family