“GREAT HOTEL”

Ranked #13 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
SANTA FE, United States
“GREAT HOTEL”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

REALLY NICE HOTEL. We were there for the weekend and the location was perfect to get to our destinations. WISHED THEY HAD A HEATED WHIRLPOOL, OTHER THAN THAT EVERYTHING WAS AMAZING! Free Parking, outdoor pool, downtown, and really good quality. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the El Paso area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree to meet your hotel needs. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I just have to say that we received the BEST service we have ever received at a hotel by one of the front desk employees! Eric went ABOVE and BEYOND to help us find transportation to a restaurant that was quite a ways out of town where we really wanted to go eat on the last night of our stay there. He was amazing!! I have never known any hotel employees to give such good customer service!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

William G, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you so much for stay with us during your visit to El Paso. I appreciate you letting me know what a great job Eric did during your stay. I will make sure to acknowledge him. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Longview, Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were in El Paso for a conference and wanted to eat at a renowned local steakhouse, but it was 35 miles outside of town. One of the front desk staff, Eric Jimenez, provided extraordinary customer service by finding a way for four of us to reach the Steakhouse without paying the $140 round trip taxi fare. Thank you Eric for making our trip to El Paso so memorable and enabling us to dine at one of your great restaurants! I have never experienced such outstanding customer service before. You are an asset to your hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
I'm really glad I was able to help you ladies get to the steakhouse. I know you all had your heart set on trying out a restaurant you had heard so much about. Thank you for the kind words and great review. Hope to see you all the next time your convention rolls into El Paso.
The Colony, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The front desk was busy when we arrived but that's not a good excuse for the lukewarm welcome we received and it certainly didn't help when I realized they had checked me into an already occupied room. Can you say free laptop? The way they handled the situation made it seem like it happens all the time (front desk staff met me upstairs but he exchanged my keys while on the phone then bolted). Of course this meant the entire trip I kept wondering what stranger was rummaging through my room and belongings. Over the phone people were helpful and polite but at the front desk I got conflicting information and somewhat rude service. The type of service to expect depended on what staff member you approached. When we tried to schedule our return trip to the airport by shuttle I got different responses, 1) I had to schedule it for an exact hour because it only picks up on the hour and 2) you can schedule it for anytime you want. The misleading info left us feeling uneasy and we had to make our flight so we took a cab instead. My room furnishings were fine but the room itself was on the dirty side. I could see something on the bathroom door, the exposed floor under the sink look like it had never been cleaned and the window looked like someone had stood in front of it while brushing their teeth. The linens smelled kind of stale so I touched a little as possible. I've stayed in much cleaner, friendlier hotels for less so this was an overall disappointment. Because of the mix up at check-in I wouldn't have stayed/recommended this hotel. But the cleanliness issue was the nail in the coffin.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

William G, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
I want to start off by apologizing. We starve very hard to meet and exceed all of our guest expectation or we make it right. It looks like we failed during your stay. The hotel will use your comments as a learning opportunity for all of our team members. Thank you again for taking the time to share with us.
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Was in for a convention and stayed at the Doubletree Downtown. Close to everything. Walking distance to the Museums and downtown restaurants. Hotel staff were very accommodating. I felt extremely secure. Great pool deck/bar in the evening.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We appreciate the review and look forward to you having another convention with us. Thank you for the kind words.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. Arriving on a hot August day in El Paso 2 hours before a pre-op checkin, we were allowed to check-in early to rest before heading to my appointment. After my appointment, the cable tv was a nice distraction. Sadly the reception was cutting in and out. I were able to checkout early to head in for my surgery. We stayed elsewhere the next night that was half the price and just as nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

William G, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
I express regret that we did not meet all your expectations during your stay. We starve hard to anticipate your needs. The staff at the DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton hopes that you will give us another try during your next visits to El Paso.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I've stayed at other hotels in the downtown area and the Doubletree consistently offers the best service while traveling on business. The staff are professional, polite and always eager to help. Despite the rooms being a little small, it was stylish, clean, comfortable and offered everything you would need while on business. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words. The staff at the DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton looks forward to serving you during your next visits to El Paso. We know you have a choice and we appreciate you selecting us.