“A great stay”

Ranked #14 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
El Paso, Texas
“A great stay”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Doubletree in downtown El Paso is a great hotel to stay whether it's for business or personal reasons! The staff is courteous and the hotel is beautiful! The beds are comfortable and the rooms are private enough to where you don't hear your neighbors. I would recommend this hotel to anyone whether they are staying by themselves or with family or friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review about us. We really appreciate it and look forward to you visiting us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Doubletree is really the best hotel in downtown El Paso- for the time being. Walking distance to San Jacinto Plaza and by May 2014, the new baseball stadium. Comfortable beds, quiet rooms, mountain views, intelligent staff, free overnight parking and a free cookie upon check-in make the Doubletree my second home in El Paso.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review for us. We are really excited about the new baseball stadium. Its something the downtown area really needed and gives our guests an added something to do when they come either for business or pleasure.
arlington, va
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I rarely, if ever, come online to write reviews, but my experience with the airport shuttle during a two-week stay here has been so comically bad that I’m driven to post.

I was here for two consecutive week-long trips, and a huge reason I chose this hotel was because of their advertised 24/7 airport service (see screengrab), which would save me $100 in cab fare to and from the city on two coming-and-going trips. Well, when I arrived at 10:45 on Sunday night, I called the hotel and was told the supposedly 24/7 shuttle was (as of very recently) no longer available after 11:00 on Sundays. I had called earlier that weekend to confirm the shuttle would be running, and nobody bothered to tell me at that point that it was no longer running at all hours. So I had to call a cab, which had to take me to the bank to get money to pay him and the whole nine yards. Not something you want to deal with when arriving late at night. Never mind that it was actually before 11:00 when I called.

So. Fast-forward 5 days later. I try to book the shuttle for my return trip to the airport. I figure, OK, it’s Friday afternoon, surely the shuttle is running. Nope – it’s down for maintenance. So now that’s $50 total that I've had to pay out of my own pocket for a cab. Complained to a manager and got a $25 restaurant credit (a nice gesture, but not the reimbursement I felt I was owed) and a $25 room credit (which benefits my employer, who paid for the room, but not me).

My third shuttle experience, the shuttle left the airport just before I got outside (despite the fact that I'd just been assured 15 minutes earlier that it would wait for me). So I had to wait 30 minutes outside in the 90-degree heat. The reason given was that another passenger was tired and really wanted to be taken to the hotel. Well, good for that customer, but I feel like after what happened to me earlier -- on top of the significant chunk of change my stay is providing the hotel's bottom line -- I was stunned to have been blown off like that. The shuttle driver was extremely gracious and professional about it, but still.

Bottom line: DO NOT stay here if you’re thinking you’ll be dependent on the shuttle. Everything else was basically fine. (In another case of unfortunate timing on my part, the pool was closed for renovations during my stay.)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
I do want to apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced when it comes to our airport shuttle. We have been working on fixing all maintenance issues that our van has so we can provide a more flawless shuttle experience and I apologize once again that these van services have come at times when you have stayed with us. We run such a high occupancy most of the week that picking a perfect time to take our shuttle in for service and trying to get it back as soon as possible, becomes pretty tasking. I was made aware of the situation in regards to your pickup at the airport and our other guest wanting to get to the hotel as soon as possible and have addressed all these issues with my employees so they can better understand your situation. Thank you for taking time to raise your concerns to us.
Chico, CA
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Nice clean room, everything worked. Comfortable, with a huge tv, no fridge. Odd bunker type feel to the hotel, but that may be to reduce heat. My room had a stunningly beautiful view of the mountains across the border. Truly beautiful in the twilight.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again.
United States
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I come to El Paso to do work at UTEP. I am an EXTREMELY light sleeper. I've stayed at other hotels, but this has been the best, most consistently quiet place. I was too close to elevators, but will fix that next time. Excellent staff.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Spring, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel is the best hotel in El Paso and could easily compare to hotels in the big cities. Friendliest staff in any hotel I have stayed at anywhere. 5 star chefs in the restaurant and great bar. Beds are amazingly comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and our chef, we really appreciate the review!
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed April 26, 2013

One of the finest hotels in El Paso, exclellent for business trips. Located downtown and a central location if you are going west or east El Paso.
Plan your exact trip. If you leave early, they will charge you $25 extra. Free but awkward parking in small spaces.
Nice and clean rooms, delicious Doubltree beds and pillows. Fire restaurant is pretty good for breakfast or dinner.

• Stayed April 2013
Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review for us, we truly appreciate it.