“Nicer than a lot of hotels in this city but don't expect the regular fancy doubletree” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center

and 1 more site!
Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center
Ranked #10 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed here with a group of friends for a big party my family was throwing nearby on New Years eve. I have to say that it's okay, restful, clean but it's an old hotel that they renovated, gutted out etc so it still has the quirks and layout of an older property. It's not bad and decent little bar downstairs but it's not the nicer luxury type of Doubletree so make sure you lower your expectations. The people are friendly and helpful. The chocolate chip cookies are delicious at check in!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Liv101
Eric_Jimenez, Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking time to write a review about us, we greatly appreciate it. We love hearing that our staff is helpful and we are dedicated to giving the best service possible. We hope you continue to stay with the DoubleTree brand.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
N. Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

Fastest check-in I've really ever seen. Had my keys ready. Very polite too. My room was nicely appointed with a really comfortable bed. I was only there for an overnight, but it was very restful. I found the hotel a good value too. Same rate as a number of nearby hotels.
I'd definitely stay at this hotel if in El Paso again.
I did have one problem: The cold water did not work in the shower so it worked its way up to scalding. Hopefully its fixed before you stay there. (I did tell the front desk of the problem but wasn't there long enough for them to fix it. They said they would get right on it.) Cold water worked fine for the sink.

Room Tip: Make sure your shower controls work properly. Don't worry about being by the ice maker. The ma...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the kind words. We appreciate you taking time to write a review about us. As for the water issue, I do apologize for the inconvenience, and please know that our maintenance crew takes these matters very serious. Should you stay with us again and have any issues during your stay, please feel free to let us know so we may rectify the problem. Once again, thank you for the great review.
Winter Park
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

This is my favorite hotel in El Paso. I visit El Paso on a regular basis for work and have stayed at over 10 hotels in the area. By far this is my favorite but it does have issues. For a hotel that was gutted and rebuilt you would of thought they would have put insulation in the walls. Plan on hearing your neighbors and the sound of toilets flushing. I usually put the "white noise" from my iphone on so I can sleep. On the plus side is the room decor, very modern and the bed is fantastic. The flat screen tv is huge and has a lot of channels. I love the restaurant for breakfast...dinner is great but pricey. The outdoor pool on the 7th floor is great so is the gym. Good luck with the free parking if you drive a car bigger than a mini cooper!

Room Tip: Never get a room on the top 2 floors, you will hear the noise from events on the top floor. Also av...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank fdipace
Eric_Jimenez, Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property, we truly appreciate it. I'm glad we've been able to keep you coming back as a regular guest. Please continue to share any ideas you may have for improvementls, with our front desk associates. Thank you once again!
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Pleasantly surprised with the room quality, clean, wi-fi, easy access to local area events and places and enjoyed the hotel. The hotel is easy to find and the staff was great. The restaurant onsite, while good was a little pricey but the food was very good and a little different. THe beds were comfortable and the staff accommodated all of my needs both business and personal. If you must stay in El Paso, Tx would absolutely recommend this hotel. The pool could use a little updating but it was clean and served its purpose.

Room Tip: Just tell the staff what are your most important concerns they do everything to try and accommodate.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tuanadaisy
Eric_Jimenez, Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Thank you for coming out to stay with us, I'm glad we were able to accomodate your every need. We truly appreciate the positive reponse and look forward to seeing you in the near future. Thank you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

Clean rooms, updated decor, decent food and close to numerous restaurants makes this the best spot to stay when visiting sun city. A little pricey but worth it for a business trip or a nice vacation.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eric_Jimenez, Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, March 18, 2012
Thank you for giving us such a great review! We look forward to serving you in the near future.
Northampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

I travel often for work and a recent stay in El Paso was short but lovely. This hotel had wonderful staff, and their shuttle service is not only from/to the airport, but within reason, they take you to other area restaurants and pick you up. Everyone was terrific, informative, and if you engaged them in conversation, they were very willing to talk about the area. The restaurant in the hotel was a bit pricey but the food was terrific, the breakfast buffet and the coffee were very good. The morning and evening restaurant staff were friendly and welcoming.

On my second night I had neighbors who decided to have a small party in their room. One woman's high pitched squealing was utterly obnoxious, but this was clearly not the hotel's fault. To any traveler thinking that having a party in your room is a great idea, please, please take it to the bar. Thankfully the extra pillows and the sound of the fans helped, but I was relieved when they were gone the next night.

This hotel is right downtown, very close to the museums and the cultural centers.

Room Tip: Ask that they put no one next to you. Any view of the El Paso mountain with the star is amazing.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Starlightllama
Eric_Jimenez, Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, January 29, 2012
thank you for taking time to give us a great review. we look forward to having you stay with us again. should you ever encounter noisy neighbors again, please do not hesitate to give us a call. thank you again.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

I stayed here for three nights and generally found it to be a very good hotel. The staff were excellent and the room large and comfortable. The hotel's location was good and there was free parking and internet. The only downside was that there was a wedding party event hosted on the top floor of the hotel one evening and the pounding music reverberated down through the floors of the hotel well beyond midnight. Although the staff kindly relocated me to an alternative room seven floors below the party, the music was still a nuisance. If a good night's sleep is important to you I would suggest checking with the staff about any party events in advance of booking.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eric_Jimenez, Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Thank you for taking some time out of your busy day to give us a review, we greatly appreciate it. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with noise from the wedding reception. Our functions usually occur over the weekend, so we make sure that no guests are placed on high floors during these times. I know these functions can get pretty noisy when they have a live band as opposed to just a DJ. I will definitely be speaking with my agents about this matter to make sure that this is not an issue for anyone else in the future. Thank you once again for your review.