“Good Food, Very Expensive”

Carino's Italian Grill
Ranked #104 of 1,543 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: From our signature Handmade Lasagna to our famous Spicy Shrimp and Chicken, Carino's offers Italian
El Paso, Texas
“Good Food, Very Expensive”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This restaurant was nice and clean. The waiter was very friendly and the food was pretty good. The biggest problem we had was the price. It was twice as expensive as comparable restaurants but wasn't any better. We had italian nachos and chicken ceasar salad and the bill was over 50.00. I would suggest going to Olive Garden and save your money.

• Visited January 2013

Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
“Great restaurant and excellent food.”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The service was great, the food was excellent. And what made it more special is that we had a couon from Cappetos which is now closed, and Carino's was nice enough to take our coupon. Absolutly recommend this restaurant for the excellent food.

Visited December 2012
El Paso, Texas
“A dinner for two”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I had never been there prior, but when we left I told him we MUST come back some time. Food was good, service was great, and the 1 drink I had was enough! It was a good evening.

Visited September 2012
elpaso
“So- So Food”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This place is not bad, it just is not that good. Not up to par with the Olive Garden. Just average pasta and Lasagna. The bread was good. The waitress was great, and the place is nice inside.

Visited August 2012
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“VERY DISAPPOINTING ON SEVERAL LEVELS”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

There are two Carino's in El Paso. This review is for the Carino's on Airway Blvd., and not the Sunland Park Dr. location which I have not been to. The service was horrible. Our waiter, who was also working the bar, left us (party of 8 business men) to go serve alcohol to several of his friends who had arrived. Our party sat for 30 minutes without anyone taking our order. The "Manager" of the location walked by several times, looked directly at our table and we at him, yet nothing happened. Water glasses were left unfilled, empty appetizer plates were all over the table, and drink orders were not taken.

Several employees walked by during this time and just looked at us and kept walking. After someone finally came and took our orders, the food came out in relatively short amount of time. That actually worred me, as I had ordered chicken and I was curious how they had cooked it so fast. Well, I was rewarded with chicken that was not cooked all the way through. Luckily I decided to check the chicken before biting into it, and yes, it was a nice unhealthy bright pink inside. I told the waiter, after he asked me how the food was, that the chicken was not cooked. No apology or visit from the cook, just an "uh huh...".

Considering the size of our table, and the individuals present, Carino's could have landed a huge check and made a lot of money off our table. Lucky for them I was not paying for dinner, as they would have gotten $0. Poor service, bad food, uncaring management. Won't ever return and won't send anyone there.

• Visited May 2012